JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After reading about Appleseed here and finding out about an Appleseed near me, I signed up for the Coupeville event which took place this weekend. What a great experience!

Saturday was a little hectic with about 40 students. But it was amazingly well managed, safe, and efficient. We learned some great skills throughout the day. Not a whole of shooting but that's because there were so many people and we shot in relays. It was nice to have the longer break between rounds. I wound up shooting a 183 AQT, which I didn't feel too badly about. It was the first time shooting prone and the first time shooting while using the sling as a marksmanship aid rather than a carry strap that just hung down while I shot. The instructors and instructors-in-training had some great pointers and I definitely saw improvement in just the one day.

Sunday was definitely less hectic since there were only about 20 students. There was a lot more shooting on Sunday and development of the skills learned on Saturday. We got to do some more AQTs and I shot a 191, which I felt even better about. The instructors gave some great feedback, homework, and further training ideas that I can continue with and bring to my next Appleseed. I'm pretty confident that there's a Rifleman patch in my future...I saw 3 people earn theirs this weekend.

Not only did I learn some great shooting techniques, but I also learned to love our American freedoms a little bit more. The Revolutionary War history lessons were great and it made me think about how much just one person can do to can keep liberty alive. I have several Revolutionary War patriots and combatants in my family tree (one even briefly served with George Washington!). Between the marksmanship training and lessons of liberty, the event really hit home for me.

To those of you on the fence about going, just GO!
To those of you who have never heard of Appleseed or haven't been interested, at least check it out some more and consider it.
To those of you already involved with Appleseed as volunteers, THANK YOU! I arrived early and stayed late both days to pitch in with setup & takedown. I can tell there's a huge amount of work that goes into these - and they're all volunteers.

Also, big thanks to the host range, Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association. They have a such great facility!

Thanks for coming out and sharing your experience. Practice those six steps and the steady hold factors and you will pick up those extra 20 points next time.

I was in Yakima this weekend with another 24 patriots who came out and learned a few things about rifle marksmanship and American history. Wind kicked up for us a couple of times but what a fabulous weekend to shoot.

We will be @ Douglas Ridge June 8/9 and Wolverton Mt Gun Club July 6/7.

Edogg,

Glad you had a good time and got to learn some things too! Hope to see you at another shoot in the near future!

The host range, Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association, is truly a great location. Hopefully, we can have another event there soon.

For the rest of you, please contact your local Appleseed organization and present them to your local clubs. We can't have too many local ranges to teach Appleseed at!

Fyrediver aka Brian

Good writeup. The Appleseed instructors are a great bunch of folks.

Keith (Hey Kimber, after my 6x10s work schedule shrinks back down a bit, I plan on qualifying Rifleman with a lever action :D .)

The host range, Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association, is truly a great location. Hopefully, we can have another event there soon.

That would be awesome! Most of the events are pretty far away from me and it's hard for me to break away for a whole weekend, let alone a 3-4 hour drive to get to the range.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top