JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I've always wanted a 1911, but have long been torn between the many options so it has been put off for years. A good deal popped up on here for an entry level slightly used 1911 so I jumped on it. It's a Taurus PT1911 ALR and I already love the way it feels and looks, but have yet to shoot it. I didn't have a lot of time to research the Taurus since it was a good price, but after a little looking tonight it seems like people either love them or hate them. If anyone has any first hand experience with what to watch for on these it would be much appreciated. Will be taking it shooting tomorrow and can't wait. image.jpg

image.jpg

The magazines that came from the factory with mine are junk. If your Taurus doesn't run right, look at the mag being a possible problem. Standard Colt mags, Shooting Star, Wilson, seem to work for me. The 80 series trigger setup makes for a horrible trigger pull. Nowlin light weight sear spring and a series 80 to 70 conversion shim, helped the trigger pull.

Thanks I plan on getting more mags anyways so ill look into those. After I shoot it tomorrow ill see how I feel about the trigger and maybe do the conversion.

Well went and put a few rounds through my 1911 today. Since ammo is scarce the only box I could find was $30 so didn't get to really put it through its paces. Overall very happy with the way it felt and the accuracy is very good. Definitely happy with my purchase and hope to be able to find enough ammo to shoot it more soon.

ahh the 1911. I was pretty pumped when I got my mine and that was the last handgun I've purchased. I have a Kimber and it is very accurate and I've never had a problem. The gun was so accurate, it actually helped me with some of my shooting habits and helped me with my accuracy with my 9mm. Great looking piece, hope you enjoy.

PS, let me know if you where you find ammo, .45 has been very scarce as of late...

i also have the Taurus pt1911 and absolutely love it, i went shooting with a buddy and he loved it so much he purchased one, the only complaint you will hear the most is about the finish on the slide it wears off way to quick and with just standard holster wear. and being a new 1911 owner watch out when your reassembling the weapon because when your popping in the slide stop most people have a tendancy to scratch the slide with the slide stop.

I have had my Taurus PT-1911 for a few years. Mine has been very good, it came with the rosewood grips, which I think make it look a lot nicer. Mine has a very good trigger, no creep, not too heavy. I have had zero problems with the factory magazines and also no issues with the 8 round Chip McCormick Shooting Stars that I picked up a few years back. I have thought about selling mine and upgrading to a "more respectable" 1911, but then I think why? My Taurus does everything I want it to, so I will just hang onto it. Maybe I will pick up a full size Springfield Armory XD to compare it to.

Had a Colt Gold Cup 30 years ago. Kick myself for ever selling that gun. Finally bought another 1911 last month. A Springfield Armory 1911 mil-spec.
Any collection is not complete without at least one 1911. I also have a Colt New Agent, which is a mini 1911, but a good carry gun.
I own three Taurus handguns, which are on my list to never sell.

I have several taurus 1911's.
Good guns. Terrible mags.

As others have mentioned Chip mccormicks, Sig and Kimber mags run flawlessly in the PT1911.

Also Rassco grips makes nice 1911 grips specific to the taurus 1911's. Standard Government style grips have some fitment issues with the Taurus.

I had a PT1911ALR. It was my first 1911. The only thing I didn't like about it and it has been mentioned is that the finish on the slide is thin. I had mine Cerakoted, and it turned out great. Don't listen to the Taurus bashers, as most of them have not even shot a PT1911. Also, you have a somewhat rare PT1911, as Taurus has discontinued the PT1911ALR with the rail.

I ended up selling it to get a Springfield Armory Stainless Ultra Compact, but I do miss the Taurus. I will probably end up buying another.

When ammo is available, shoot the heck out of it and enjoy!!!!

Here is what mine looked like after having the slide and beavertail redone:

1911after1.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Hi Folks! New to this site. Looking for a Taurus PT1911 ALR for sale. Please contact.

Well I've always wanted a 1911, but have long been torn between the many options so it has been put off for years. A good deal popped up on here for an entry level slightly used 1911 so I jumped on it. It's a Taurus PT1911 ALR and I already love the way it feels and looks, but have yet to shoot it. I didn't have a lot of time to research the Taurus since it was a good price, but after a little looking tonight it seems like people either love them or hate them. If anyone has any first hand experience with what to watch for on these it would be much appreciated. Will be taking it shooting tomorrow and can't wait.View attachment 58726

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top