JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You would think from the first two minutes that this oldie would not be very informative -- it starts out explaining the 4 components of a cartridge -- but it's extremely well done and quickly but clearly moves forward. The model starts out as a chamber, a tube, the cartridge, and a guy holding a hammer and nail. They then build on this basic form, engineering each part of a bolt action rifle in turn. From there they alter the model for gas, blowback, and recoil operation. By the end of the video, the simple trigger mechanism has gone from hammer and nail, through manual operation, semi-auto, auto, and select fire.

I'm very impressed with the video -- I've been shooting for many decades but I'd never paid that much attention to how the guts work -- what all the little bumps and divots in the metal that makes up a firearm are there for. The way it is paced, from the most dead simple concepts to some really cool mechanics, is what has made to watch it several times and enjoy each viewing. I'm also fairly impressed with the special effects they managed to achieve considering this must be about 70 years old.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top