JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to do some business with a guy that lives a ways away and had wanted some farm equipment I had and had no use for yesterday. had just met him so was not sure of his hobbies. When it was time to pay me he asked if I was willing to take partial payment in trade. Likely not I thought but asked "what for" anyways. Then he opened up a door to a beautiful room filled with rifles on the walls and pistols, revolvers, restored old guns filling the room. As well as crates of ammo filling a huge shelf. Prices offered where good enough to take some ammo in trade and then I asked about a .22lr replica of a old semi auto military rifle.It looked cool and the price tag was low.
I asked about it as possible barter and he said I could not get that one. When I asked why he said "better to show you". So out to his outdoor range we walked and he handed me the rifle with a full mag and said "when you shoot hold back the trigger". I did and was shocked when it let out a rapid burst emptying the mag in full auto.
He could not give it to me because he is an FFL and ordered the gun as a semi auto as it should have been. It was completely a factory "defect". Yet the most fun factory defect I have ever experienced.
If you bought it new from a gun shop would you keep it? I would consider the idea of getting caught to great to have it around but curious if some would keep it just as it was.

Cool but no, to much liability. Especially a .22 if you where going to do it, go big. Lol! Same fine and jail time involved. I try my best to stay legal, I like my rights and it seems nowadays that anything they can do to take them they will. If ya want to own full auto do it legally or not at all.

I would have to agree. If it was a AR or something a lot of people would consider it a little harder as it could be just stored until needed. .22 is not going to be a defensive rifle anyhow. You are right though. The jail time costs you a lot more than the fees for owning it legally.

I would have to agree. If it was a AR or something a lot of people would consider it a little harder as it could be just stored until needed. .22 is not going to be a defensive rifle anyhow. You are right though. The jail time costs you a lot more than the fees for owning it legally.
Only if they catch you. ;)

If the factory shipped it to me like that Id really have to invest time in making sure it was a "defect".. ;)
Lots of range testing.. Lots.

Oh I would definitely say I would make sure it was a defect prior to returning. You never know. Some guns are not broken in properly until 500 plus rounds....maybe

500 rounds would last about 10 minutes, fun for sure. The fines would be secondary, my rights to ever own a firearm again is what I am not willing to risk. As for not getting caught..... my luck is not the best, lol.

That was the first full auto rifle I have fired. I know the risk is too high but the enjoyment was unbelievable. You can assume you know what it would feel like to dump a mag in full auto but until you do you really have no idea how fast and fun it can be.
Need to make it legal for me to play with guns like that at the range. It is shocking and awesome to shoot for such a fraction of time and fill an 8 by 10 target with lead all over it.

Think back.. did he have an eye twitch or was it a wink? Probably a bragging wink.
Federal prison isn't worth that.. which is perhaps likely, given a braggart.

Full auto firearms are a blast, but after a couple of mags, it's really a waste of ammo.
You point the things down range, and hold on. Don't expect to win any marksmanship medals with one.
Better off spending your money on an SBR and suppressor stamp in my opinion.

10 years in a federal gray bar hotel, plus the $$$$ fine. Yep, buying a FA MAC11-9 and the .22 LR conversion was definitely more comfortable for me. I can't wait for the new upper I have on order so I can use the 72 round 9mm drums I have.

Next May, you can shoot a variety of FA weapons at the Saddle Butte Machine gun Shoot for the price of the ammo sold by the dealer.

Think back.. did he have an eye twitch or was it a wink? Probably a bragging wink.
Federal prison isn't worth that.. which is perhaps likely, given a braggart.

Well even if it was bragging he declined me taking the gun and he is legally allowed to own and shoot it. Just sending it back and I may try to get it after it comes back in semi auto. He may decide to keep it who knows but I have a feeling it is not all that exciting to him considering he has larger caliber ones and bought it to sell or trade it. Which he now cannot do until he gets it fixed.

he has an ffl and a whole store setup on his property. Also certified instructor and has a pistol range and a quarter mile rifle range....I have never tried anything at that distance so I do not even know what all it is used for. Website and all he is legit. Otherwise I would not mention the guy or the gun for his benefit.

Albany rifle and pistol club puts on a full auto shoot every year in May. You are allowed to rent guns that you probably will never own. However you will walk away from shooting a full auto with the same smile you had after first having sex:D

I do see that as a problem. You get to shoot a full auto and it is hard to not want one of your own. I know I would love to have even the .22 let alone a .556 or even larger caliber full auto. I will have to check out one of these full auto shoots as it was too much fun not to do it again with a larger gun.

As most have said it is not worth the risk but it is a lot more fun than I expected. I know that my stockpile of .22 would go from a couple years supply to a month though so in the end I am better off without it in my safe laws or no laws.

Oh and after the .22 fun I was able to shoot a Glock 26. I did not even know they existed but the guy had one competition ready. Made my M&P seem pretty inaccurate although prior to firing the competition 40 cal Glock with a massive long slide I was pleased with my shooting with my gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top