JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, with nearly 50 years on mine, I can agree with ya on that, even though mine's been sheathed for at least the past 20 years or so...

I have to admit, sir, now that you got me to pull this ol' friend out of the long-term gear storage, I'm a might teary-eyed over seeing it again after all this time. It takes me back to my youth in Italy, when I first joined the Boy Scouts at 13 yoa (I may have even had it when I was a Webelos Scout), and the years following that when I backpacked hundreds of miles a year, every year, clear into my early 20s, with it on my hip. And then, sometime in my late 20s/early 30s, I put it away. Alas, you can never go home again... :(

Last Edited:
My western will sharpen fine and hold the edge
I just now ran my old Western across the steel and tuned her edge. She's a veritable scalpel again, that she is...

Thank you, sir, for allowing an old man to relive the glory days of his long lost youth.
I just might strap this old friend on my belt again, as well as my Kershaw folder on my strong side...

Of course, I'll have to leave it when I go to Seattle (which is nearly never, for good reason), since those pussies can't handle a fixed blade over 3 inches...
Boy Scout knife3.jpg

Last Edited:
I just now ran my old Western across the steel and tuned her edge. She's a veritable scalpel again, that she is...

Thank you, sir, for allowing an old man to relive the glory days of his long lost youth.
I just might strap this old friend on my belt again, as well as my Kershaw folder on my strong side...

Of course, I'll have to leave it when I go to Seattle (which is nearly never, for good reason), since those pussies can't handle a fixed blade over 3 inches...
View attachment 899712
I have one like it. fine tool ,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews