JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I guess I have found a flaw in the forum- which lets me correct my title typos not at all:p

So then: this is my experience with the new Lyman EZEEE hand held primer seater--and an example of how arthritis affects (not impacts) your typing.

This could be of interest to others who like me, are experiencing the thrill of arthritis in the hands and shoulders that no amount of over the counter drugs will neutralize, and who do not care to handload ammo while under the influence of better (prescribed) pain killers.

I bought this seater because Lyman claimed it had superior leverage; it does. It beats the pants of both my Lee units and RCBS unit. ( I''ve been down this road before, as you can see ) I can prime and load a lot more cases using this seater than before, as long as it works right---------oh oh--paradise lost again, right? Right!

Before I get to the whining, let me mention some other positive features. It uses the same shellholder that my press uses. This is a big plus as far as I am concerned. It has a gate that shuts off the primers from exiting the tray (which really is of a size to allow you to load in an entire flat of anyone's primers including Federal) which is another big plus for me since I like Federal primers and do not have to be careful about how I set it down when moving from one place to another or giving the joints a rest: I just shut the gate.

Ok, to the whining, then. The primer flipper could be better; actually a lot better, but it is WORLDS better than the "improved" Lee seater. This is a very minor whine, to be sure. Still, good flippers are out there so why not on this device?

My major whine is that this seater likes to flip the primers back over or flip them sideways. This is not a new whine about hand seaters all 3 of my older tray types do it. My K&M does not because you load each primer individually by hand, not something I want to do when loading 500 or so handgun rounds. BR yes; handgun or plinking bulk ammo--not only no, but hell no. The problem, I think, is because there is a gap between the cover of the tray and the shellholder which along with the tray design in that area combine to make a large enough space to flip the primers, especially when you use the "nodding" of the tray as Lyman recommends in the instructions. Primers can actually escape from this space and hide under furniture, anything left on the rug, and even the dog when using the small primer tray. Large primers not so much; mainly they just go sideways.

Why, you may ask, do I not tell this all to Lyman? Why, I answer, I did! You cannot expect that they would be able to wave a magic wand and fix all the units that have already been shipped.........eh?----hence this post for what it is worth.
More to follow when I get their reply.

Last Edited:
Lyman has apparently heard about all this from other people besides me. I got a reply from them about the same time I was posting this thread. They acknowledged the problem, said they were working on it and would have new parts for me in 2 or three months. This seems reasonable to me as they will have to get the chinese - or wherever the parts are made--factory to change construction before they can send out new ones. Once this primer leaking and reflipping is fixed it will be a dandy lil seater.

It is not a matter of tray height, it is shape, and the shape of the cover does not completely cover the tray...........................

I liked my primer seater on my Co-ax press, but after 5 or 6 uses my shoulders would give out and that would be it for the day..........

New forum looks and works great!!!! :)

Follow up final after using this @!$#^% thing for several hundred rounds both large and small primers and with the Lyman supplied "new" tray which was supposed to have fixed the small primer leakage problem.
The seater that I have displays a large number of serious flaws which makes it a waste of money in my opinion. Anyone who needs more leverage and cannot use bench mounted seaters like me, would do better to look into adding some material or part to existing primer seaters to make the leverage better.

If anyone wants details on all the faults of the Lyman EEZEE disaster I have played with here--I can furnish them and with pictures.

I let the CS folks at Lyman know my experiences, and they did not seem interested in fixing the problems beyond the new tray which, when installed on my seater, actually leaked worse than the original.

Last Edited:
I used an old Lee hand primer the type that you could only put 3 primers in at a time for 25 years it worked it worked well I could have been happy. Then my SIL bought one of the newer ones with the trays. And while I have to admit that it is in fact much faster over the long run. The frustrations with the silly ways it can screw up and put a primer in upsidedown or just lets 2 or 3 of them jam it up is maddening.

I was so frustrated with the last batch of .38Spl I primed that I went back to the oldy but goody.

Maybe someday.

I've made some fixes on my own and will limp along with it until or unless I can find a way to get more leverage on the handle of one of my old seaters.

Rifle season is coming soon and I won't be using these seaters, as I use a K&M seater for my bench rifle loads--I just suffer through those since I don't load as many cases in a sitting for them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top