Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My exchange with Senator Merkley

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by BAMCIS, Apr 29, 2013.

1. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

For what it was worth I wrote our beloved Senator Merkley (several times) regarding our more beloved second amendment.

Here was his reply followed by my response back to him:

3MTA3 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

3. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Merkley is a dullard that does and says what his handlers tell him to. Frankly, he is an embarrassment, and I would oppose him even if he were a member of my own party.

4. beavernation

beavernation Canby Active Member

I got the same version of a reply. I pretty much stopped reading when he went with "large ammunition magazines, which are not needed for hunting or target shooting"......really?......I am pretty sure he knows very little about either!!!.......we need to vote this commie libtard out of office.....its that simple.....

5. Stewage

Stewage Saint Helens, OR New Member

I like to pose a question to people that feel that limiting magazine size should be OK, and that is this; Would you also be OK limiting the 1st amendment to 100 words? You can have the freedom to say WHATEVER you want, be it written, spoken, or whatever, but it has to be done in less than 100 words. You also have the freedom of assembly, but only if it's less than 100 people. Sounds kinda stupid now doesnt it...... But it is essentially the same thing.

6. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

And to follow in that line of reasoning.....
    Perhaps it's time we put some limits on the free practice of ones religion? The Muslims seems to be the source of quite a few issues in America AND the world these days. We could disallow the practice of the Muslim religion in the US.

I mean, if saves one child, right?