JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't dream about guns often. But last night a gun was featured. It was an over / under shotgun. With an aluminum butt stock. At first, I thought it was 12 x 12, but on examination it was 12 over, .410 under. I didn't get to shoot it. Sorry, no pictures.

I don't dream about guns often. But last night a gun was featured. It was an over / under shotgun. With an aluminum butt stock. At first, I thought it was 12 x 12, but on examination it was 12 over, .410 under. I didn't get to shoot it. Sorry, no pictures.
Applying Freudian analytics of interpreting dreams….. you CLEARLY have unbalanced mommy issues.

;):D

Applying Freudian analytics of interpreting dreams….. you CLEARLY have unbalanced mommy issues.

Just be thankful it wasn't a pump-action shotgun. Even Freud would go :confused: over that.

Wow you could even get every details of the gun from your dream.

Never had a dream that was specifically about a gun, but have had a few that had some in it. I've woke up a few times in a near panic because my 249 wasn't by my side where I thought it was.

A woman, can't find my car, but a gun ? Really?
I've been retired for 14 years, but most of my dreams are about previous working situations. It's rare for me to dream about contemporary activities. In dreams featuring driving, it's never one of the cars I currently drive but one of my previous ones. I tend to own cars a long time, so in my dreams, I'm often behind the wheel of my 1966 Ford Fairlane which I owned for 34 years. I don't think ever once have I been in my Ford Crown Victoria that I've owned for 17 years and still drive.

Often, my dreams feature an undercurrent or repeating theme, I think in music it's called a leitmotif. Which is, I am not up to date in a given situation, or something is lost, or I have an equipment deficiency of some kind. My reading on that is these are reflections of insecurity.

I was in Vietnam for 19 months, I never have a dream about. But later, I worked as an Army National Guard Technician for some years and that experience I dream about with some regularity. Often, that features worries about uniform out of date, I don't know new regulations, can't find my war around the facility, etc. Other dreams about work regularly feature going in and not having enough to do.

I've had dreams involving guns, usually ones I already have.

There was a recurring dream I used to have. For years I owned a Para-Ordnance P12-45. I loved that little sucker but it would pop up in my dreams and wouldn't function! Every time I dreamt about it, it failed. Then one day it actually began to have a problem with the firing pin safety and didn't fire a round consistently. I sent it back and Para fixed it at no charge.
Too late, I sold it and haven't owned a "Series 80" style 1911 since. Probably never will.

Interesting about Freudian or other interpretations of dreams. Apparently most people's brains are way more complicated than mine. In one era I was having dreams about my teeth falling out. That is supposedly a dream about worrying about your mortality. But I was broke and had dental issues. After I got some money and got the dental work done I quit dreaming about my teeth falling out. When I dream about my teeth falling out what it means is I'm worried about my teeth falling out.

They say dreams are mostly about insecurities. When I was younger I occasionally had a dream where I was riding my bike and the ground dropped out from under me. Falling, falling...

Then one day, 4th of July 1994 to be exact (still have the scars), that exact scenario played out on the sand dunes on a Honda 350. Never had the dream since. Weird.

Like gmerkt, most any dream I can remember in recent decades involved work. Sometimes I'm back on the family dairy milking cows (that's a nightmare). If I tell my wife, she inevitably says, "You're stressing about work again, aren't you?"

My amateur interpretation is that subconsciously I'm worried that I'm an overpaid, under-qualified fraud, and somebody's going to figure that out eventually and I'll have to go back to menial, terrible work to try to make ends meet.

Or maybe it was just the pizza...

My dream gun had tits.
1642648301547.png

They say dreams are mostly about insecurities. When I was younger I occasionally had a dream where I was riding my bike and the ground dropped out from under me. Falling, falling...

Then one day, 4th of July 1994 to be exact (still have the scars), that exact scenario played out on the sand dunes on a Honda 350. Never had the dream since. Weird.

Like gmerkt, most any dream I can remember in recent decades involved work. Sometimes I'm back on the family dairy milking cows (that's a nightmare). If I tell my wife, she inevitably says, "You're stressing about work again, aren't you?"

My amateur interpretation is that subconsciously I'm worried that I'm an overpaid, under-qualified fraud, and somebody's going to figure that out eventually and I'll have to go back to menial, terrible work to try to make ends meet.

Or maybe it was just the pizza...
If I was riding a bike on dunes I'd probably be dreaming about the ground dropping out too. And the correct interpretation would be that my brain thought biking there was dangerous, and I should cut it out. Same as skiing on snow banks near cliff edges. You can ski right onto a lip of snow that's sticking over the cliff edge and you fall right through. Those lips of snow can fool you into thinking you are many feet from the edge when actually you are right at it.

I was an Out Route Serviceman with a number of multi rise buildings. My dreams were always two fold. No repair parts and I can't find my car. Even awake, I've often, when in and out of the same building several times, had to hunt through several parking levels for my car. :s0092:

I've been retired for 14 years, but most of my dreams are about previous working situations. It's rare for me to dream about contemporary activities. In dreams featuring driving, it's never one of the cars I currently drive but one of my previous ones. I tend to own cars a long time, so in my dreams, I'm often behind the wheel of my 1966 Ford Fairlane which I owned for 34 years. I don't think ever once have I been in my Ford Crown Victoria that I've owned for 17 years and still drive.

Often, my dreams feature an undercurrent or repeating theme, I think in music it's called a leitmotif. Which is, I am not up to date in a given situation, or something is lost, or I have an equipment deficiency of some kind. My reading on that is these are reflections of insecurity.

I was in Vietnam for 19 months, I never have a dream about. But later, I worked as an Army National Guard Technician for some years and that experience I dream about with some regularity. Often, that features worries about uniform out of date, I don't know new regulations, can't find my war around the facility, etc. Other dreams about work regularly feature going in and not having enough to do.
When I was in high school, I frequently had dreams of being in a city and staring down a street and having no idea where I was. I recognized nothing. It was all unfamiliar. And I also had a dream that I was in high school, it was between classes but most people were already gone. So I was going to be late to the next class. I needed to get the book and homework for that class out of my locker, but didn't know where my locker was. And didn't know where the next class was either.

But actually, I was an Air Force brat and we moved nearly every year. So I often found myself in unfamiliar cities where I recognized nothing. And as the schools got bigger, the first few days in a new huge school, just finding my locker and classes actually was a big deal. Especially in a stable civilian community where the other kids were already familiar with the school.

When I was in college I would sometimes dream that I was signed up for some course I had somehow not known I was signed up for or had forgotten about, and had just figured that out an hour or so before the final exam, so was on my way to take the final in a course in which I had attended none of the lectures and done none of the work. And I was going to be late getting to the final exam too.

When I was in grad school I often dreamed about being late with my thesis, but that was when I actually was late with my thesis.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top