JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:cool:
Another Question... Since you dont care if a contractor carries concealed in your home and you assume they will not be waving it around or doing anything unsafe with it...

Would you think the same thing if he was not clean and didnt presented himself as very put together??:s0155:

As Much as I hate to admit it... Not everyone who is carrying a gun can do it legally...

Good old Penguin just judged a book by its cover,, I always thought he was above that:s0131:

Gotta go with this one
:s0155::s0155:

In my opinion this guy is an idiot.... you dont just go flash your gun in other peoples houses, even if they are gun owners...

I may as well as walk up to people at gun stores and sporting good stores and say hey look at My glock 30! and lift up my shirt... maybe even one of them will shoot me..

Thats a person that doesn't need a CHL

If i wanna talk guns I'll talk guns... but flashing your gun while your a guest in some ones house youv never met is stupid... but thats just me.. if I know you Sure pack in my house.... if i dont you better not tell me you are..

I dont know if I buy this. I just read the ORS

A person commits the crime of criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm who, while in possession of a firearm, enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises.

The way that I read it.... you commit the crime of criminal trespass.... I don't think you would ever have a problem unless it is posted. But if it posted via verbal or in font you are screwed if you get caught.
Shari's on lancaster was posted years ago. I simply didn't eat there and I made it a point to tell every gun owner I knew about it. Some time later the sign came down. I like to think that it was because enough of use stopped giving them our money.
And just a heads up. Santiam Sportsman Center in Mill City is posted. That's right a "sportsman Center" that sells Tackle and Ammo. The owner told me that it scared the ladies that worked there during hunting season when guys would come in OC. I let him know (with tact) that I felt it was horse crap. Although horse crap, it is his business and he can run it anyway he likes. I also stated that I am a sportsman and it is my money and I can spend where I like.

You are not understanding the law. You have to be actively engaged in "criminal trespass" for that to be enforceable. Entering a mall or public business (or a private home through invitation) is not criminal trespass. That law pertains to people who unlawfully enter a home or business while carrying a gun. The signs do not make it illegal to enter. Therefore it is not criminal trespass. You cannot be arrested for simply being in possession while in a mall or business that does not allow firearms. They can only ask you to leave. If you refuse it then becomes criminal trespass.

You do not have to be notified verbally that you are engaged in criminal trespass. That part is true. If my land is posted (or even if it is not posted as long as there is no public right of way) and you enter it I do not have to warn you verbally you are breaking the law. Same goes if you enter my home without permission. I do not have to give you verbal warning before calling the police and they can arrest you even if I am not there to warn you and they catch you.

That does not mean you are completely safe though. If you make your gun visible to where someone asks you to leave, and they want to be jerks about it, you could find yourself with a disturbing the peace charge against you if there happens to be a cop right there.

I dont know if I buy this. I just read the ORS

A person commits the crime of criminal trespass while in possession of a firearm who, while in possession of a firearm, enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises.

The way that I read it.... you commit the crime of criminal trespass.... I don't think you would ever have a problem unless it is posted. But if it posted via verbal or in font you are screwed if you get caught.
Shari's on lancaster was posted years ago. I simply didn't eat there and I made it a point to tell every gun owner I knew about it. Some time later the sign came down. I like to think that it was because enough of use stopped giving them our money.
And just a heads up. Santiam Sportsman Center in Mill City is posted. That's right a "sportsman Center" that sells Tackle and Ammo. The owner told me that it scared the ladies that worked there during hunting season when guys would come in OC. I let him know (with tact) that I felt it was horse crap. Although horse crap, it is his business and he can run it anyway he likes. I also stated that I am a sportsman and it is my money and I can spend where I like.
You read it wrong. Ignoring the signs themselves does not constitute criminal trespass. They do not bare that legal power. It is not illegal to enter a public place that has posted those signs in the state of Oregon. I owned a restaurant and the signs are just a feel good measure that covers you a bit from a liability standpoint. I could not charge someone with criminal trespass for entering during business hours just for carrying a gun. I would have to inform them to leave first. Then if they refused it becomes criminal trespass.

I know its an old thread but I had to make a comment. While I will not mention how I know or why I know etc about the policies pertaining to the aforementioned service provider, it should be known that said provider prohibits the carrying of firearms on its employees persons or vehicles. this policy is also extended to its subcontractors. just thought you all should know.

I sold a used truck to a guy at my house and we ended up at the kitchen table, counting cash and exchanging paperwork.

Nice enough dude, struck me as a family man. He finished counting out stacks of $20 bills for me and said, "I usually don't carry this kind of cash around strangers, but..." He patted the front of his jacket and said "Glock."

I patted the pocket of my jacket and said, "Smith, sign here."

Should I always assume other people are armed? Why not? Since I frequently have a pistol concealed somewhere on my person, I guess the safe assumption is that they might have one too.

I decide if anyone enters my house or not. Cable guy? Sure! If "I want my MTV," he's gotta come in to hook it up, yes? On that subject, I've been happy to see more than a few young military Vets installing cable over the years. Not a bad entry gig after service. I spent an hour last summer playing guitars with a cool kid from Hawaii, 6 months out of the Army. My boy was somewhere north of Kandahar at the time.

Company policy that they cannot pack a pistol? Some employees might comply, and some might not.

Doesn't matter who it is. Whenever I meet new people, I assume they're ALL potentially armed. And if they're not? They're safe with me because I am.

That was a lame move by the technition! Eager to make a new gun buddy? Not with me because , now, I think this guy is lame. I don't care if he packs because I sure am! I also dont leave shooting gear lying about. He needs to keep his gat concealed, he could loose his job if he did that with someone less forbearing than PBP.

I will bet it is against Direct TV Company policy to carry any type of weapon in the performance of the Tech's job. Carrying a weapon while representing your company creates a huge liability for the company. That is a risk the company will not willing to take. Today's day an age with everyone being "Sue" happy Direct TV would most likely get rid of the guy very quickly if they found out he was packing.

The company I work for it is against company policy and I have seen one guy get fired for having a weapon on company time.

I don't even think there should be an age limit, myself. I'd bet lives that my 8 year old can responsibly carry a pistol, and the fact that other peoples' 8-year-olds cannot should not exclude mine from doing so.

But this is not reality. The world isn't that way anymore.

In my opinion this guy is an idiot.... you dont just go flash your gun in other peoples houses, even if they are gun owners...

I may as well as walk up to people at gun stores and sporting good stores and say hey look at My glock 30! and lift up my shirt... maybe even one of them will shoot me..

Thats a person that doesn't need a CHL

If i wanna talk guns I'll talk guns... but flashing your gun while your a guest in some ones house youv never met is stupid... but thats just me.. if I know you Sure pack in my house.... if i dont you better not tell me you are..

Boy talk about holier than thou. If you meet a gun guy, you are going to hide you are a gun guy? We need to stick together and promote each other, not put people down that might think a bit differently.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top