JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
carrying is a personal decision, i carry 24/7 do to my line of work i rarely share period, but i think this guy found a kindred spirit Ie guns lying around

Seems like a bit of overreaction here, esp by the guy that said that's the kind of person that shouldnt have a CCW! Boy, talk about playing god there!

Wasn't there, but sounds like the guy was just eager to show kindred spirit. Not like he was menacing or waving it around like a moron. Maybe some people need to chill out on this a bit? I wouldnt have pulled up my shirt but maybe he thought it was better that you knew, in case he bent over or printed. I think most of us carry folks are a little more observant than the average joes.

Seems like a bit of overreaction here, esp by the guy that said that's the kind of person that shouldnt have a CCW! Boy, talk about playing god there!

Wasn't there, but sounds like the guy was just eager to show kindred spirit. Not like he was menacing or waving it around like a moron. Maybe some people need to chill out on this a bit? I wouldnt have pulled up my shirt but maybe he thought it was better that you knew, in case he bent over or printed. I think most of us carry folks are a little more observant than the average joes.

We are brothers in the gun community. We don't need to fear each other.

"Flashing" your gun at every opportunity is not tactful, but we should feel comfortable around one of our own.

I am not playing god, all im saying is perhaps he should of made a smarter choice about admitting he had a gun on him..

I personally dont care if you CC in my house, thats why its call CONCEALED CARRY, if i know you then like i said its ok, cause i know you and i know how you are around guns, but if im having a conversation about guns and joe blow says something about his and pulls it out, or displays it then i have an issue..

Like cocktailer said he see's people with guns coming in and out of his shop all day, due to his line of work and I bet he suspects everyone that comes through that door to have a gun on them and I would be willing to bet as well that he has one or two guns on his person if not more within arms reach of him at all times... I always have my gun on me or one within arms reach of me..

But just because we HAVE it doesn't mean we need to show it.. heck even at a gun shop i always ask if its ok if i unholster my weapon if im going to perhaps try it in a holster or something, even if i know its ok to do so...

That's the GUNpowder room... right? ;) :p :D

Nope. :D

BathSafe.jpg

I'm pretty new to CC, to be exact. 6 months since I got my CC.
When I carry (can not carry to work) I carry two ways: shoulder holster 100% cover and regular hip holster about 1 inch of my full size 1911 some times sticks out from under some of my coats. I had # of people asking me to show my gun and started conversations about it and couple of them flashed their.
As long you don't touch it, don't just start waving it around and doing something stupid with it, I think you are fire.
But that's just what I think.

I am fine with contractors/vendors carrying in my home while they do their work. I make deliveries for a living, and I carry into the places I go to while working. I assume everyone teenager and older is armed. How does that saying go... be polite to everyone you meet, but also have a plan on how to kill them.

Don't ask don't tell is Oregon's policy regarding concealed carry on private property. It only becomes trespassing if someone asks you to leave and you don't. No-gun signs on stores and malls don't mean diddly squat. I don't know about Washington... though I should probably familiarize myself with WA CCW laws since I've got a WA permit and carry there now.

Personally I'm for arming as many law-abiding citizens as possible and I definitely won't be complaining about people carrying in my house. A guy I specifically called and asked to come repair/install something probably isn't out to rob me after all. It would be a pretty terrible business model from any perspective. :s0114: Waving it around or being generally unsafe is another matter entirely though... :)

"It only becomes trespassing if someone asks you to leave and you don't. No-gun signs on stores and malls don't mean diddly squat."

Actually you may want to study Oregon law a little closer as well as the associated case law. If adequately posted, there is no requirement for verbal communication prior to being arreseted for ORS 164.265 Criminal trespass while in possession of firearm. Case law from Eastern Oregon upheld by Oregon Appeals Court applies.

LCDR

Good thing he saw you had a pistol.
Imagine the scene if the cable guy found out you had a penis.
"Hey... I've got one too... Lookie Here!":D

You have the utmost confidence in your house plumbing. ;)

"It only becomes trespassing if someone asks you to leave and you don't. No-gun signs on stores and malls don't mean diddly squat."

Actually you may want to study Oregon law a little closer as well as the associated case law. If adequately posted, there is no requirement for verbal communication prior to being arrested for ORS 164.265 Criminal trespass while in possession of firearm. Case law from Eastern Oregon upheld by Oregon Appeals Court applies.

LCDR

You are not understanding the law. You have to be actively engaged in "criminal trespass" for that to be enforceable. Entering a mall or public business (or a private home through invitation) is not criminal trespass. That law pertains to people who unlawfully enter a home or business while carrying a gun. The signs do not make it illegal to enter. Therefore it is not criminal trespass. You cannot be arrested for simply being in possession while in a mall or business that does not allow firearms. They can only ask you to leave. If you refuse it then becomes criminal trespass.

You do not have to be notified verbally that you are engaged in criminal trespass. That part is true. If my land is posted (or even if it is not posted as long as there is no public right of way) and you enter it I do not have to warn you verbally you are breaking the law. Same goes if you enter my home without permission. I do not have to give you verbal warning before calling the police and they can arrest you even if I am not there to warn you and they catch you.

That does not mean you are completely safe though. If you make your gun visible to where someone asks you to leave, and they want to be jerks about it, you could find yourself with a disturbing the peace charge against you if there happens to be a cop right there.

We are brothers in the gun community. We don't need to fear each other.

"Flashing" your gun at every opportunity is not tactful, but we should feel comfortable around one of our own.

Sometimes, when yer talkin to someone and you just click and yer comfortable around them. This had to be one of those situations..

Otherwise, in general. I do agree, its not a smart thing to do. If you are going to open carry, then do that. :p

You are not understanding the law. You have to be actively engaged in "criminal trespass" for that to be enforceable. Entering a mall or public business (or a private home through invitation) is not criminal trespass. That law pertains to people who unlawfully enter a home or business while carrying a gun. The signs do not make it illegal to enter. Therefore it is not criminal trespass. You cannot be arrested for simply being in possession while in a mall or business that does not allow firearms. They can only ask you to leave. If you refuse it then becomes criminal trespass.

You do not have to be notified verbally that you are engaged in criminal trespass. That part is true. If my land is posted (or even if it is not posted as long as there is no public right of way) and you enter it I do not have to warn you verbally you are breaking the law. Same goes if you enter my home without permission. I do not have to give you verbal warning before calling the police and they can arrest you even if I am not there to warn you and they catch you.

That does not mean you are completely safe though. If you make your gun visible to where someone asks you to leave, and they want to be jerks about it, you could find yourself with a disturbing the peace charge against you if there happens to be a cop right there.

And this..

My wife and I went to Ikea a while back, and posted right on the front sliders is "Weapons Free Environment".

I explained that the worst that could happen, is someone finds out, and has to ask us to leave. Its a trespass issue and nothing more.

I wouldn't have a problem with the cable guy packing heat.

from his point of view, you never know where you are going to be every day, and some peoples houses are pretty wierd. I would feel better knowing I was armed, if somebody was trying to steal from my cable truck. Or some crazy customer gets in your face.

When I worked for a pharmacy in north Portland, I did delveries. The boss said it was a good idea to pack a 9mm, because the van said pharmacy on the side, and we always got people sneaking around the van to try to steal drugs. All I ever delivered was heart medicine, or diabetic medicine, but they still steal it, to try to get high.

If your boss doesn't care, and the places you deliver don't know you have it, then it should be the empoyees choice ,if he wants to carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top