JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
my boys have been coming shooting with me since they were two weeks old. my oldest has been shooting since age 4. hes is 7 now and has 3 years of shooting experience. he goes with me every time i go. my youngest boy is 3. depending on how he is next year, i may let him start shooting at 4 also, hes a little rowdy so idk. lol.

my daughter is 7 months old. she'll get her lessons sometime in the future when the time is right, im just enjoying her being a little baby still.

i agree, it is very very important to look out for the next generation(my kids generation). i was born in the 80s and am disgusted at the majority of generation after me("GEN Z") just as the generation before me thinks of us "millennials." yeah i know there's exceptions to the stereotype because ive met some really good people who are 10-12yrs younger than me. most of these swingin jimmys born late 90s early 2000s are entitled punks tho...and ate frickin tide pods FFS.

I heard this once in an inauguration speech.
'freedom is a fragile thing and it is never more than one generation away from extinction.' Ronald Regan

The internet corrects my memory by saying he said this,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

― Ronald Reagan

Perhaps it was re iterated over and over.
Good job introducing your daughter to freedom.

Thank you. I am very grateful, and know first hand about how different life could be. I am a firm believer that we need to pay more attention to the next generation, without guidance and direction, many end up aimless (puns intended). I hope to give my daughter a good foundation of knowledge, or at the very least awareness, so that she is able to make informed decisions and better choices for her life. It sounds like your intentions with your daughters is the same.

On that note, since I was a teen, I've been volunteering for various youth organizations. From what I've learned, all those kids, from kindergartners to teens, are hungry for attention. They long to be acknowledged, to feel like they matter, and to know can make a difference. Not everyone is as determined (aka stubborn) as I am to teach themselves, so I help where I can, but mostly I just listen and answer questions.

-Robert
Takes a village

I was running a chainsaw at 4....

View attachment 830867

Not really.
At 5, then?

yeah but once your knees start going bad a auto is pretty heavenly, ive had a couple fun autos just cheap beaters, a Toyota corolla with a broken speedo cable (or rather sensor) to tell the ECU how fast it was going. i think it just used the TPS to tell it when to shift and man the shift points were fantastic! could burry the peddle @ 60 and it would instantly kick into 3rd for a second or two and stay fairly rapped out through the gears. was pretty funny how fast it was for a POS with absolutely no mods.
and my older '69 Pontiac you could adjust the tranny cable on the peddle as well. i love my cheap cars :) i got that thing for $1K

manuals are great for stuff like the snow and offroading. i think about half mine have been manuals (which im forever thankful i learned on one) and the rest autos. both are great if you do your research and understand the dynamics of each.
If you haven't tried sport quads you should. There are some great places to ride a little South of you.

If you haven't tried sport quads you should. There are some great places to ride a little South of you.
No i haven't. I grew up somewhat on dirt bikes. Had a little honda 50 trail bike and then went to motorcross camp when i was a little older and rode the bigger bikes. I wouldn't mind getting back into it. A duo sport has some appeal to me.
Not 100% sure what your referring to but quads do look fun like the raptors and banshees but i dont think they really have alot of use besides having fun. I need some utility.
Pretty much everything i buy is geared in some way towards multipurpose use mainly for shtf type purposes.
Of which im falling behind.
Seems my whole life i was hoarding stuff amd it just taking up room and suddenly i dont have enough of it now.
I wish someone made a bad bubblegum electric bike. (Yeah i know they have em but not practical longer range ones yet)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top