JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On Sunday, July 1st, my Dad was fishing off the Santiam Bridge in Stayton. He returned to find his truck was stolen.

It is a 2011 Ford F250 Lariat, diesel, white with tan trim, fuel tank in the bed, and personalized license plates "KFF INC". Usually stolen vehicles are found within the first 10 days, but I figure maybe we can speed up the process if we have more eyes looking out for it! It looks similar to the picture here, but with a fuel tank.

Please keep an eye out and help us get his truck back. Thanks all!

403922_943405376009_1915734742_n.jpg

403922_943405376009_1915734742_n.jpg

Might want to check with the Sheriff or State Police to see if it was towed. I would think this type of truck is pretty difficult to steal, fuel computerization and all,l...unless the keys were in it!

Unfortunately, the keys were in it because they were fishing. He usually leaves the keys and stuff in it, but we have all learned a lesson because of this. Anyone out there that has a keypad on their car or truck, do not leave your keys in the car. I know several people who do this for convenience, myself included. On the newer cars/trucks, the keys are programmed to your car/truck and if the keys are not available, then it is highly unlikely that they will be able to steal it. They could take your stuff, but not the whole thing.

About the time they walked up to find it missing, a state trooper drove by, so they flagged him down and talked with him about it, so they know it wasn't towed. They also found broken glass around where it was parked, so they figured he just smashed a window and took off.

Their phones and wallets were also in the truck, and the guy actually used the phone to make some calls, but the police are still investigating. There are a few other things we know, but I don't want to publicly post it just in case.

Might want to change the locks on the house, they have the address (registration/drivers lic.) and the house keys. Just a thought.

I got a call about this monday morning while hauling rock up and down I5 from our dispatcher (your dad and the company I work for are friends I was told. Anyway there were are 20 some dump trucks watching I5 from Salem to Cloburg for this pickup. Sad to say no sight of it.

I hate to point this out but it sounds like your dad did almost everything wrong.

May still learn more of a lesson on that one. Because the keys were in it you may want to find out what the insurance company will or won't cover upon its recovery. If you haven't already (I imagine you have) I'd contact them straightaway. Talk to your local agent, too (or first if you haven't already called corporate). When you call the 800 number you're getting someone who will focus on protecting the insurance company's interests too. If you contact your local agent, you've got someone who at least has some skin in the game in terms of having a relationship with your dad (he/she is the one that suffers if you don't insure things through them, not the company.)

Good luck to your father. Hopefully they find it sooner rather than later.

Why would a guy leave his keys in the rig?!?!?!
It sucks that it got stolen, and we shouldnt have to worry about it, but come on.... In todays society, ya just dont do it.....
Nothing else, hide the keys some place on the outside of the truck if you are worried about the key fob getting wet while fishing.

Just an fyi though, I have had water over my waders and my key fob still worked, a friend went wake boarding with his trucks fob in his pocket and they worked.... They are a bit more heavy duty than we give them credit for. Not worth the risk of leaving them in the rig, thats for sure!

Once again, sorry it happened.

I apologize for my earlier reply to this thread it was out of line and more importantly flat out rude. I received a warning for the comment and I agree it was warranted. I also saw that another person had a similar response (it is not on the thread anymore) maybe the mods could close this thread so that more people dont reply with the knee jerk reaction that I (and probably some others) have had to this story, and get dinged with a warning.. sorry to the op and to the community but this is hot topic for me and hearing about people leaving opportunities for criminals very much upsets me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top