JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received my slide back from MOD1 Firearms (www.mod1firearms.com) and wanted to show off their work a bit. I'm very impressed with Pike and MOD1 as they did an outstanding job on the machining and Cerakote work. They added front serrations to the slide and then Cerakoted it and the slide stop lever graphite black. Prior to sending it in I rounded off the corners (dehorned) of the slide stop lever. I've also replaced the stock 6.5lb striker spring with a 5lb Wolff striker spring. This made the trigger pull a little lighter, making for an even more buttery smooth trigger pull. I added rubber Talon grips as well, which have been great in adding a super "sticky" purchase while handling and firing the weapon.

I carry this firearm everyday where it is legal to do so. I carry it appendix, inside the waistband (AIWB) and love it. I wear slimmer, fitted clothing and this firearm rarely prints at all, if ever. As far as holsters go, I've settled on the kydex AIWB holster from PJ Holster (http://pjholster.com/) and it's been perfect. I've also just recently ordered a mag carrier from PJ but have yet to receive it.

As far as the CM9's performance goes, it has been absolutely flawless through about 1,000 rounds of various types of 9mm ammo. I have loved learning to shoot it over the past 6 months and getting used to the long, smooth trigger pull. I trust this firearm with my life and would recommend the Kahr CM9 to anyone looking for a VERY concealable, sub-compact carry gun. There is quite a bit of negative press regarding Kahr, so I figured I'd share my completely positive experience.

image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg

Last Edited:
The CM9 is my carry as well. Nice little gun. The long trigger pull takes a bit to get used to.

The only problem I've had is if the first round in the mag isnt seated well it will FTF. I carry a second mag with me and its common that the first round will get pushed down with the mag in my pocket. I havent figured out how to deal with that yet.

Here's a pic of what I mean.

First round not seated well

WJBCHJ2.jpg?1

Here it is seated appropriately
6AloH0K.jpg?1

The CM9 is my carry as well. Nice little gun. The long trigger pull takes a bit to get used to.

The only problem I've had is if the first round in the mag isnt seated well it will FTF. I carry a second mag with me and its common that the first round will get pushed down with the mag in my pocket. I havent figured out how to deal with that yet.

Here's a pic of what I mean.

First round not seated well

View attachment 107362

Here it is seated appropriately
View attachment 107363
Though I have not experienced a FTF with mine, I can see where that would be a problem. You can get pocket covers for the mags that may help with this, though removing the cover greatly slows down mag changes. I went ahead a purchased a Mag carrier from PJ holsters that I wear IWB. That's the best option in my mind.

<broken link removed>

I had a horrible experience with a Kahr PM9 several years ago. Don't know if Kahr quality control has improved since then, but my pistol turned out to be a major disappointment with lots of FTF problems.

On internally inspecting the gun, workmanship, quality of materials, and fit and finish all looked substandard. Had difficulty getting used to the long trigger pull, and that big harsh and deep checkering on the grip really made it uncomfortable to shoot, it dug into my hand so much.

Anyway, I was so disgusted with the gun, that I set it aside, and have not touched it since. I ended up looking at other options, and finally found a pistol that I really liked a lot in the Walther PPS. It is just as thin as the Kahr, and with its flush magazine, the same height. It is a little bit longer, though, as it has a longer barrel.

But man, the difference between the two guns internally was like night and day. The Walther's fit and finish and quality were easy to see as being far superior. Very Glock like trigger pull that I was used to, and disassembly was dramatically easier and faster too. I can take the pistol part in just a few seconds, as it disassembles just like a Glock does.

Only thing that I did not like about the Walther was the finish on the gun. So I sent it to Robar Guns in Phoenix to have their awesome NP3 Plus finish put on the gun. They refinished all metal parts with the NP3 Plus, making the gun basically totally impervious to rust. And with the self-lubricating feature of NP3 Plus, I only have to apply a tiny amount of grease or oil to lubricate the pistol and have it be 100% reliable.

Only other thing I did was that since my hands are so big, I put a Limbsaver grip sleeve over it, to actually fatten the grip up slightly and make it bigger.

Here it is with the standard mid-length magazine that comes with the pistol. There is also a shorter flush mount mag available with one less round, and also a slightly longer mag with an additional round of capacity.

It is most comfortable to shoot, despite being a .40 S&W. The Limbsaver also gives some extra comfort to handle the .40 S&W's sharper recoil.

DSC_2938a2.jpg

This is where my Walther PPS really beat out my Kahr PM9:

_DSC6807b.jpg

Last Edited:
I just received my slide back from MOD1 Firearms (www.mod1firearms.com) and wanted to show off their work a bit. I'm very impressed with Pike and MOD1 as they did an outstanding job on the machining and Cerakote work. They added front serrations to the slide and then Cerakoted it and the slide stop lever graphite black. Prior to sending it in I rounded off the corners (dehorned) of the slide stop lever. I've also replaced the stock 6.5lb striker spring with a 5lb Wolff striker spring. This made the trigger pull a little lighter, making for an even more buttery smooth trigger pull. I added rubber Talon grips as well, which have been great in adding a super "sticky" purchase while handling and firing the weapon.

I carry this firearm everyday where it is legal to do so. I carry it appendix, inside the waistband (AIWB) and love it. I wear slimmer, fitted clothing and this firearm rarely prints at all, if ever. As far as holsters go, I've settled on the kydex AIWB holster from PJ Holster (http://pjholster.com/) and it's been perfect. I've also just recently ordered a mag carrier from PJ but have yet to receive it.

As far as the CM9's performance goes, it has been absolutely flawless through about 1,000 rounds of various types of 9mm ammo. I have loved learning to shoot it over the past 6 months and getting used to the long, smooth trigger pull. I trust this firearm with my life and would recommend the Kahr CM9 to anyone looking for a VERY concealable, sub-compact carry gun. There is quite a bit of negative press regarding Kahr, so I figured I'd share my completely positive experience.

View attachment 105467
View attachment 105468

Any info on what tools and what procedures you used to smooth the cm9?

The magazine design really sucks big time as I have had a pm9 for years and you need a mag pouch. If I were to do it over again the S@W Shield is the overall finest in its class I have ever shot.

Only thing that I did not like about the Walther was the finish on the gun. So I sent it to Robar Guns in Phoenix to have their awesome NP3 Plus finish put on the gun. They refinished all metal parts with the NP3 Plus, making the gun basically totally impervious to rust. And with the self-lubricating feature of NP3 Plus, I only have to apply a tiny amount of grease or oil to lubricate the pistol and have it be 100% reliable.
-
Now I liked it, The Kahr is pretty good as Daily carry and does the role good .

(lance jacobs) .. On the NP3 coating you did .
I did the NiB upper on my 26 daily carry and I would not go that route again. unless your going 100% kydex holster .
I just leave the stock finish or go a brushed stainless on a Daily carry . Over couple years riding IWB Galco . The Nickel Boron (NiB-X) part of upper that rode against the leather side is trashed . Kydex side still looks beautiful and leaves the Nickel Boron looking nice. It nice for making a slick easy cleaning finish on metal parts but any leather touching is it's flaw & eats it up .

-
Now I liked it, The Kahr is pretty good as Daily carry and does the role good .

(lance jacobs) .. On the NP3 coating you did .
I did the NiB upper on my 26 daily carry and I would not go that route again. unless your going 100% kydex holster .
I just leave the stock finish or go a brushed stainless on a Daily carry . Over couple years riding IWB Galco . The Nickel Boron (NiB-X) part of upper that rode against the leather side is trashed . Kydex side still looks beautiful and leaves the Nickel Boron looking nice. It nice for making a slick easy cleaning finish on metal parts but any leather touching is it's flaw & eats it up .

I should clarify that it was Robar's NP3 Plus finish that I had put on my pistols. Robar says that NP3 Plus has TEN TIMES ( 10x ) the corrosion resistance of Nickel Boron.

It is nowhere close to being in the same ball park as Nickel Boron:

http://robarguns.com/blog/2013/08/23/np3-vs-nickel-boron/

The only downside I can see to Robar's NP3 and NP3 Plus is the cost. It cost me $250 to have all of the metal in my Walther PPS refinished. And also the long turnaround time to get the pistol back, which I experienced. I don't know if they are still as swamped with orders now, however, since it has been a few years since I had this done.

Ya after reading your Link, it sounds like the way you went if tougher than the NiBx . I always heard that BirdSong BlackT is some BadAss tough finish also .

It is my Daily so it not suppose to look pretty & pimp & I dont treat any my pistols nice, but it just bugged me that it only took couple years riding on the leather back-side of my Galco to eat it up HbN and look crappy. If it was riding all 100% kydex, I would have never known it was subpar to the NP3 .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top