JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my cousin finally drew his Utah mule deer hunt. He decided to spend the money and have a guide service scout his buck and get him on it. After seeing huge ridiculous bucks and passing on them he finally settled on this bruiser.
Gross score of 235, 34" wide, 46" of mass and it's 10x10. It will be in the P&Y record book.

11603.jpeg

That's a big buck. Any idea who covered his scouting? Cost? Unit?

I've shot several deer in Utah. You wanna experience a seriously scary experience.?? Go hunt the general down there. Literally ww3! Any hillside has hunters in orange all over it. Bullets cruising by your head. Happend to me many times. Damn good thing they don't drink booze down there. Well!! Lol! Anymore than they do.
There's big elk and deer there. I bet that deer cost him $8,000 if it was a full outfitted deal. It's a standard deal there to pay guys bounties for bucks. Some young 18 year old that loves spotting will get paid $1,000-2,000 to find that big of buck. It's actually a strange state to hunt. Money isn't a object. All the latest and greatest gear. Mossback outfitters has caused a lot of the crap there. And other states. Google the spider bull. Mossback lead that hunt. Many believe it was a farm grown bull set loose to shoot. With 15-20 spotters watching it till Denny went to shoot it. That elk cost $150,000. That's a fact.

That's crazy, look at the bottom right of the pic. Mossback guides...thats who my cousin used. No clue on what it cost him but I have a really good idea.

Oh lol! I'm blind!
So that buck cost him over $15,000 due to trophy fee. But that's only my educated guess. Doyle moss is a nice guy. But his posse of scouters and guides are always in run ins with joe public. They block access routes for us regulars guys to protect game they are on. It's BIG BUSINESS!! Huge!

Utah closes schools for the deer opener. It is a huge deal. There are some great trophy only areas in the state but it would take a lot of time and luck to be successful without a guide. I killed many deer in Utah while stationed there but have never really been a horn hunter. Could nearly always shoot a legal deer in the evening after doing a full days work. My buddies that went to the high country to hunt went years without getting a shot. It became kind of a sore subject after a while.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top