JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally got around to calling CZ-USA the other day about my mis-marked 75 BD and the possibility of them taking it back to it to restore it to it's original 85 B configuration. The fellow I talked to in the warranty dept was friendly but not particularly savvy about the technical aspects of the guns. He checked the records and my gun was in fact built as a 75 BD but because it was 10 years old and because I was not the original owner there was nothing they could do. He referred me to the CZ Custom Shop where I was able to talk to one of the 'smiths. He told me the 75 BD could not be just 'turned into' an 85 B due to the location of the safety. 85 B parts would fit and it would work but would have no safety. In conclusion he told me it is NOT unusual for CZ to mis mark a gun that is what happened to mine. He did tell me for $195 they would take it in and give it a complete action job with the new hammer and hook assembly and it would have a 3.5 lb trigger with approximately half of the DA pull weight. Oh well I had to try!

Yes I posted about this with pics earlier this year. I had no idea when I bought it as I was not that familiar with CZ and their particular models until I was reading up on them and say a picture of an 85 B and I noticed it had a safety and was not a decocker. I registered on the CZ forum and the members confirmed an 85 B was NOT a decocker style. I actually called CZ over a year ago to confirm that part but it was only last week I had the 2nd conversation about a return. My 'fantasy' outcome was they would have said "Please send it back and we will provide you with a new 85 B" - dream on!

you have a rare gun. are you not happy with how it performs? or are you going to return your double stamped US mint coin and ask for a fixed one?

or are you going to return your double stamped US mint coin and ask for a fixed one?

Sorry but a double stamped coin has noting in common with a mis marked gun - AND as a coin collector I don't think I need to answer that

I never mentioned having an issue with it's performance. I was just wondering if they could/would restore it to 85 B configuration which cannot be done. Heck, it performs flawlessly, is accurate and has never FTF. I would just like a lighter, crisper trigger is all and I will most likely accomplish that myself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top