JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After 3 months of waiting I went into Washington County to get fingerprinted and have my ugly picture taken for my first CCL. I was not expecting to walk out with it in hand! Thanks for the great experience Washington County!:cool:

..Yeah again, you only had to wait three months for something that any clean record, tax paying, law abiding US citizen (OR resident) should be able to obtain immediately after all the extortion fees and pseudo background check.

Its ludicrous. The CHL office SHOULD buckle down and actually handle a decent work load for a change.
This 9-5 nerf life, "well do what you can, the work can wait" mentality is infuriating.
And to top that our reps want to add even more bureaucracy and asinine live fire requirements that'll prove nothing and only cost the seeker more.

Sorry to thread crap.. its just these wait times are ridiculous. But congrats brother.

..Yeah again, you only had to wait three months for something that any clean record, tax paying, law abiding US citizen (OR resident) should be able to obtain immediately after all the extortion fees and pseudo background check.

Its ludicrous. The CHL office SHOULD buckle down and actually handle a decent work load for a change.
This 9-5 nerf life, "well do what you can, the work can wait" mentality is infuriating.
And to top that our reps want to add even more bureaucracy and asinine live fire requirements that'll prove nothing and only cost the seeker more.

Sorry to thread crap.. its just these wait times are ridiculous. But congrats brother.
It's extremely ridiculous. The wait time should start from the time the application is received. The live fire requirement was amended out of the bill. Now it has language to make someone attend a class in person which isn't needed either. An easy fix would be to make concealed carry legal for everyone who can legally possess a firearm.

I agree that waiting 3 months just for my 15 minute appointment was a pita. I went into todays appointment with the belief that I would have to wait for up to 45 days to have my permit show up in the mail. It was a nice surprise to walk out the door with it in my wallet.

Last month I went in to our Sheriffs office the day after my wife and I took our CCW class. Our instructor said don't call, but go in early to get an appointment because they are booked up. I was there at 7:45AM. Another guy from the course came in at 7:58AM. At 8:01 we knocked on the locked door. Nothing. At 8:06 two chatty Cathys strolled in and opened the office. I was told the next appointment opening was in 21 weeks and to bring in our applications at that time. I started to say that since I live and work less than 2 miles away could they take down my cell phone number and call if here is an earlier... but she cut me off and said that they don't do that. I now call them the Sheriffs unCivil Department, late, lazy and rude.

My renewal is coming up soon, and I'm worried that it'll be a giant mess. :/

My roomie just sent his application in for his CHL on Tuesday. Let's see how long this takes him.

Good to hear that they printed it on the spot. I've been waiting for my appointment for two months and it isn't until June 3 and I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to have to wait after that for the license itself to arrive

Well sounds like a fun process i am going to get to go through later this month taking my class and such next weekend. Had to wait a while due to a traffic mistometor 4 years ago. hopefully times will go down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top