JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys
I'm so frustrated. I'll have to purchase electric motor. The lathe I use was powered with the 3phase motor. After consultation in the repair shop, they say it's burnt. Well, I thought that it would be much cheaper to acquire a new motor. What brand can I consider? Who is familiar with electric motors, please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Last Edited:
Shaft size, rotation direction and speed, amp ratings, mounting frames, variable speed capacity, wet or dry locations, there's more to an electric motor then horsepower.

Last Edited:
Keep your eyes on Craigslist. If you can find correct HP, that typically go pretty cheap since most residences don't have 3ph.

+1 on Craigslist. New 3-phase motors are really expensive and used ones are really cheap.

Thanks everyone for the answers!

I browsed the Craigslist and there is a motor very similar to my burnt. These are the technical features https://www.mrosupply.com/motors/ac-motors/general-purpose-motors/26523_vm3546_baldor/

Is this a really American made motor? Who can say?

Since you're in Columbia, South Carolina, try a local repair shop.
They can take a look at your motor and it might be repairable.

65 years in Business

ELECTRIC MOTOR AND REPAIR, INC

FOR ALL YOUR ELECTRIC MOTOR NEEDS!

125 Huckabee Rd,

West Columbia, SC 29169

(803) 714-3657

Hours:
Regular Hours

Mon - Fri7:30 am - 5:30 pm

General Info:
Electric Motor And Repair, Inc. offers sales and service for electric motors and various accessories. With 70 years of service, we are more than confident that you will be completely satisfied with our service, staff, and parts. We use the best brands in the business and the most qualified technicians and associates.

Services/Products:
Our Services Include:

• New Motor Sales (AC and DC)
  • AC and DC Motor Repair
  • Rewinding Using Inverter Rated Wire
  • ISR Inverter Spike Resistant Wire
  • Custom Motors
  • Variable Drives
  • Controls
  • Clutches
  • Brakes
  • Pumps
  • Computer Balancing and Testing
  • Underwriter's Lab Certified for Explosion-Proof Motors
  • Machine Shop Services
  • Laser Alignment for Motors and Pumps.
  • Variable Speed Drives.
Brands

• Baldor/Reliance
  • A.O. Smith Century/Magnetek
  • Leeson
  • GE
  • U.S. Electric
  • Lafert
  • Teco/Westinghouse
  • Lincoln
  • Marathon
  • Emerson
  • Brook-Crompton
125 Huckabee Road West Columbia, SC 29169

Brands:
A.O. Smith, Ao Smith, Baldor, GE, Ge, Lafert, Lafert Motors, Leeson, Leeson Motors, Lincoln, Reliance, Reliance Electric, TECO Energy, U.S. Electric
125 Huckabee Road West Columbia, SC 29169

Neighborhood:
West Columbia
Other Link:
http://www.electricmotorandrepair.com

Categories:
Pumps-Service & Repair, Electric Motors, Pumps, Plumbing Fixtures, Parts & Supplies, Pumps-Wholesale & Manufacturers

I've had dozens of motors rebuilt. Unless you can find all the physical parameters needed used,
you'll come out ahead having it rebuilt. In Oregon, Stomper is spot on with Conray I've used them for over thirty years for everything from bathroom fan motors to 20 hp. I just paid 95 bucks for a Graingers Dayton 1 1/2 hp. pedestal sump motor repair, (centrifugal cutout switch including bearings) when Graingers wanted 230 for a new one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top