JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The ar15 is a great tool, but at the range I never thought it was a very fun gun to shoot. I have much more fun shooting my ak, sks, or lever action rifles. I had the opportunity to shoot a friends Ar pistol, and I was sold. I don't know if it was the increased muzzle flip, the increased report or the huge fireballs this thing spits out, but it gave me a smile. So here is my budget build Ar pistol.

I got the upper from Kerri's Guns for $400, added a nickle boron BCG for an extra $50, and so far I am very impressed. I have only put about 300 rounds through it but so far there has been not one malfunction, and accuracy is pretty good for a 10.5in barrel.

The lower is all from PSA and by waiting until good deals came up I was able to get it for only $150.
The SB15 was a gift and it is amazing. I would recommend it to anyone still on the fence. Before putting the lower together I cut and stretched the trigger and hammer springs, stoned all the contacts and bobbed the hammer. The trigger is still not perfect, but it is a lot crisper than stock PSA triggers.

In the future I would like to get rid of the free float quad rail and throw on a troy battle rail. I also want to get rid of the magpul trigger guard and install a wilson combat one. The ears of the lower receiver have always dug into my middle finger and the WC guard is the only one I have found that covers the ears so my finger is resting on a flat surface.

Overall I am very pleased. It is fun as hell to shoot.

photo3_zps2ebb8b08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah! My step dad gave it to me. Have been in his safe for about 30years and he has no odea who's it is or where it came from. Had to of them. It was so filthy inside it would barely cycle so i took it apart and been trying to clean it well enough to shoot.

Sexy. This too is on my wish list.
I forewent the AR pistol in liue of an M85 and an insane amount of mags.. But my firearm thirst isnt quite quenched. An AR pistol is what I crave now.. Or a V51 ;)

Yeah it never really ends.
I have about 5 other firearms I want, but caught the AR bug.
Bought an AR, then built a 24" AR rifle, now just finished a pistol. When ordered the parts for the pistol I ordered an extra stripped upper and lower. So that will be burning a hole in my safe.
But now I want an AR10. Uggh! I need more money! Lol

I have my 10.5in AR pistol and love it! I've been really thinking long and hard on the SB15 for it. I had an Aimpoint for optic for the longest time but am planning on getting a set of fixed Centurion HK MP5 style sights for it instead.

Nice build, any idea on what optic to use with it? I'm in the process of finishing up my PSA AR Pistol. Just waiting on rail covers and SB15 to come in.

I thought I was done, then I saw MAC do a short video on the Dolos and LawTactical AR Folding Stock adapter. I think I'll save those for the next build though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top