JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude didn't check the chamber before cleaning gun.
I assume he never even made it to the cleaning part.

I certainly read about a lot of NDs but the ones that happen related to 'cleaning' the gun really defy comprehension to me. I mean even IF he pulled the trigger why was the muzzle pointed at his hand.

Uh, lets see - muzzle - safe direction always, right???

I certainly read about a lot of NDs but the ones that happen related to 'cleaning' the gun really defy comprehension to me. I mean even IF he pulled the trigger why was the muzzle pointed at his hand.

Don't be a dumbass and point guns at yourself...

@EPS That one looks like it was a dropped magazine and then a finger on the trigger, while racking the slide with edge of the palm hanging over the muzzle. Strengthened the grip before moving the slide... BLAM

But I am not an expert on shooting myself...
Knock Knock Good Luck GIF by StickerGiant

Last Edited:

I don't know why my friend who is the doctor.said that's what he told him.
My friend the doctor is gun guy also.
His exact words when he sent me the picture I can not post on here .
It would just say bubble gum.bubblegum.bubblegum!

That depends. It could and should be a learning experience to set him straight. What is better...having your friend going through life being just another idiot with a gun or kicking his bubblegum into shape?
Having taken multiple people shooting for there first time, there are just people never to go with...and that will never learn. One guy, was a roommate for a bit, went out a few times and each time I had to reteach the same stuff, basic safety practices. People like that, I'm good not going with and letting them go through life being another idiot. Just my opinion. I don't need to put myself at risk for their inability to learn.

Having taken multiple people shooting for there first time, there are just people never to go with...and that will never learn. One guy, was a roommate for a bit, went out a few times and each time I had to reteach the same stuff, basic safety practices. People like that, I'm good not going with and letting them go through life being another idiot. Just my opinion. I don't need to put myself at risk for their inability to learn.
So don't take them out to the range until they can demonstrate competence with a handful of Trainer Dummy Round and some dryfire practice. Baby steps.

Seems to me he might want to 'learn' something about his drinking habits - such as are they excessive to the point it might have been the contributing factor in this ND?

I have heard of more than a few NDs with alcohol being a material part of them.
I totally agree. I quit years ago but had a guy I know almost kill his kid when drunk and showing off. We no longer work together, thank god. But he was a guy that recently inherited "dads" guns and really knew nothing about them. One of the rifles a 32 special had a round already to go. You can imagine what happen next. It starts with some one handing the gun over and he cocks it with out looking and aims at the wall. Well he lives in a double wide so you know what can happen next. He missed his son by inches in the next room. Went thru the trailer in to barn. Didn't kill anything else. I don't think he learned from it much because he bragged about it at work. Hopefully he remembered to check the gun next time.

For new gun owners, I always recommend a used B&W TV from Goodwill until proper gun handling technique is learned.
Have you priced those old CRT TV's lately? Its cheaper to buy an used modern LCD TV.

As for the OP's ND friend, I'm glad that he wasn't afraid of firearms, no one should be but sadden that he didn't respect firearms.

I'm absolutely convinced the fault lies more in a TV problem than a gun owner problem.

Think about it. When stuff like this happens, how often it is ever, "I shot out my microwave" or "my oven" or "my water heater"??

Ban the import, sale, and possession of TV's and I'll bet AD statistics fall right through the floor. 🤣

On the contrary, you going shooting with him might be the best thing for him. Will give him some hands on experience and you can give a few words of wisdom. He may have to protect your life with that gun one day, so you want him to be as confident as possible if the time ever comes.
Bring a first aid kit when you go out with him.

Have you priced those old CRT TV's lately? Its cheaper to buy an used modern LCD TV.

As for the OP's ND friend, I'm glad that he wasn't afraid of firearms, no one should be but sadden that he didn't respect firearms.
Heck, where I live, I can free tweeker TVs all over the place. Most of them are disassembled though. :(

Haha the thread title hit home for me.......not making a joke of the OP or the ND...........

Except my ND was with a Glock replica airsoft pistol. I was practicing dry firing techniques and using the people on the TV as my targets. Apparently there was a bb in the mag that must have been somehow stuck because it took several minutes of successful practice to finally shoot the screen out. The bb bounced back and landed on the floor a couple feet from the TV.

One-week-old TV to boot. Warranty wouldn't cover it. :D

Haha the thread title hit home for me.......not making a joke of the OP or the ND...........

Except my ND was with a Glock replica airsoft pistol. I was practicing dry firing techniques and using the people on the TV as my targets. Apparently there was a bb in the mag that must have been somehow stuck because it took several minutes of successful practice to finally shoot the screen out. The bb bounced back and landed on the floor a couple feet from the TV.

One-week-old TV to boot. Warranty wouldn't cover it. :D
"What is the reason for you returning the TV sir?"

"I bought this, and it looks like one of the manufacture's packers shot the screen out with a bb gun."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top