JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, I head down to the ARPC with my buddy and we set up at the main range. I bring my SCAR and my m98. I shoot both, switching between them both, depending on how sore my right shoulder is from the Mauser.

I shoot very poorly with the mauser, guessing I am yanking the trigger and with the SCAR its 3 holes in 5 shots.. So, I decide I will put my can on the SCAR and check how off the POI is. I attach it, or think I do. I am and squeeze the trigger. there was ALOT more recoil this shot and I notice the can is no longer attached to the rifle. Now, I am about pissing myself until there is a all clear and I head out and find my can out in the grass. Its a little scratched up but I dont see what I expected to see, a big hole out the side.

I have looked it over and I dont see any damage inside at all but I ddiint have the stones to try it there and see. I also reattached it to the barrel and found that it did slide lower and it locked up correctly, I just did not work it enough I guess..

So, advice of the day.. check that your can is properly attacked to the barrel.;)

The whole deal sounds frustrating, especially having to wait for the range to go cold to see what happened to your suppressor.
Just another reason I like to shoot by myself. No witnesses to any stupid thing I might do.:D

Glad it worked out OK. The very best lessons, the ones we never forget, are usually learned the hard way.

Last Edited:
The whole deal sounds frustrating, especially having to wait for the range to go cold to see what happened to your suppressor.
Just another reason I like to shoot by myself. No witnesses to any stupid thing I might do.:D

Glad it worked out OK. The very best lessons, the ones we never forget, are usually learned the hard way.
yep, I was able to get a better look at the can and I cant see any damage to the baffles. just a little foliage that hitched a ride.;)

In the Surefire manual it actually says if you have trouble getting it off, unlock it turn upside down, aim in a safe direction and shoot it off. It felt like a grenade launcher. I have only had to do that once, but all was ok.

In the Surefire manual it actually says if you have trouble getting it off, unlock it turn upside down, aim in a safe direction and shoot it off. It felt like a grenade launcher. I have only had to do that once, but all was ok.

That was just what I was thinking, like lobbing a rifle gernade

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR