JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My dad worked for the CIA. It was a good job although he missed our entire lives from about 5 years old until I graduated high school.
Now we have a terrible relationship and he's bat shart crazy.
He got to travel the world, but they own you.

I regret not just enjoying the alone time and getting in the woods more often when I was single.
So many years wasted that I could have spent hunting, fishing, and exploring. Now with small children those days are extremely limited.
But when my kids are old enough it will kick back in.

And Mostly not taking care of my back!
I've had back pain for almost 15 years! And I'm only 34!
Abusing your body only gets you so far.

Pretty much what my brother who as a military spook worked occasionally overseas with the Agency at the time told me, once you are in, they own you. I had a young wife and 2 year old so I backed out. They were honest about being a joe State Dept. clerk in an embassy during the day, not telling the family, etc. I was thinking when I interviewed like an analyst job.....nope. They told me I could NOT tell anyone, well, after 30 plus years, what are they going to do? Take away my birthday? Send me to sea?

Ditto on the back, I blew out mine the first time making other people rich and costing me good jobs in first responding, I recovered virtually 100% but thirteen years later one disc up crushed and nowhere near the positive recovery. Several several self moves over the last 10 years have not improved it. Learn to say NO, even to yourself.

Brutus Out

Not joining the Army. I was all but signed up but chased a piece of tail who became my first ex-wife shortly after. My father and grandfather both served. To this day I regret it.

This thread is getting a bit depressing. Here's something my "brother" DIDN'T regret his last trip to Sturgis. :cool:

Brutus Out

Sturgis 08.jpg

Saying no to myself is my only problem. Learning to say no to others was easy.

My dad (from what I know) worked on sat comms systems as a techy.
he was in the Navy and took a 2 year program at MT Hood Comm college and apparently thats where they recruited him out of.
He couldn't tell anyone where he worked or for who, same thing "worked for the state dept" usually in the US embassys around the globe.
He was in Liberia, Korea, Virginia, apparently on loan to FEMA working in bend for a while. In Brazil for 7 years and bouncing around south america and cuba then finshed his last 4 years in guam. Left a few months before a hurricane damaged a lot of the island. We visited him in virginia every summer for a couple years, and for a couple weeks in brazil and guam.

They declassified his job after a few requests a few years after he retired.

I think the years of isolation got to him, he was a big star trek nerd, big into sci fi, after he retired started heavy into conspiracy theories, aliens, all on his own. He went off the deep end and thought he was a higher being who talked to God, but more powerful, spent several years running from aliens trying to get him.
He has bad diabetes which has been atacking his eyes, and getting bad leg pain/nerve pain (aliens attacking him)
Because he refused to take insulin, because all medicine is poison of course.

If it wasn't for him being pretty well off financially he would be a homeless crazy person.

Not sure if the govt did something to him or he just spent too long in dark rooms staring at blinky lights and soaking up radio waves.

Either way, after having kids myself I can look back and appreciate him teaching me through absence how not to be a father. It's made me a better dad. But now we can't have a relationship because he only talks about himself and his supernatural fight against the "dark".

So believe me, as cool as working for the CIA may seem, looking at it from a family member, it's not worth it.

Ditto on serving in the military.
It's something I regret to this day and think about often.

I didn't go in because of my bad back. I was talking to a recruiter in 2003, so I'd probably be dead, but I still feel guilt for those who did.

On a different note, I dated this smoking hot girl she went to an all girls school.
Like way above my level.
I was trying to play the nice guy because I knew I was out of my league. Things got interesting, but I never sealed the deal.
There was a night in her basement that involved some whip cream and strawberries.
Her mom and dad were upstairs and her dad was a HUGE man. Like 6'5" 300lbs.

I've never been so scared and happy in my life.

My blind father in law was tortured for 2 days before he was murdered by 4 losers in an attempt to discover his cache of money. As a member of his family, I returned to his home country and discovered that despite the torture he never broke, he died to preserve his modest wealth for his children. I identified the body, he had been tortured, his nails pulled out, electro shocked, genitals burnt.
My regret is that the 'men' that murdered my FIL were such pathetic examples of humanity . My FIL was deserving of a much better end at the hands of a alpha level Bad Guy, but what he got was a 2 bit street gang that followed him home from his gig in a low rent Bar, dad was murdered for chump change. As the eldest male in the family I did my duty, my greatest regret is that I was not allowed 2 days with each perp and that they were not even worth the effort of the flight to home country. There is no bring back the dead and they cannot be honored by more killing. That is my regret

If you did that though then you would regret it every time you tripped over your sack.:p
Well thanks for the compliment. He's served me well over the years. Usually doesn't talk back to me. I have to unhinge him from tight squeezes at times. He smiles back when I do.
He's a good boy.
Now with 5 kids, he's been put out to pasture.

My blind father in law was tortured for 2 days before he was murdered by 4 losers in an attempt to discover his cache of money. As a member of his family, I returned to his home country and discovered that despite the torture he never broke, he died to preserve his modest wealth for his children. I identified the body, he had been tortured, his nails pulled out, electro shocked, genitals burnt.
My regret is that the 'men' that murdered my FIL were such pathetic examples of humanity . My FIL was deserving of a much better end at the hands of a alpha level Bad Guy, but what he got was a 2 bit street gang that followed him home from his gig in a low rent Bar, dad was murdered for chump change. As the eldest male in the family I did my duty, my greatest regret is that I was not allowed 2 days with each perp and that they were not even worth the effort of the flight to home country. There is no bring back the dead and they cannot be honored by more killing. That is my regret
What country?

Being born and raised in this liberal state. Where I began my occupation and started a great life. Would be difficult to start afresh somewhere else. But, I do enjoy my 6 WSU Cougar games a year when I can slip into conservativeville shoot on friends farms and slip on into Idaho and get all the ammo I want. GO COUGS!

I think in this case more killing would be justified and would be the wishes of a higher power. My thoughts to you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear that Bud. Nobody deserves that end except the lowlifes that commited it.
Thanks, That entire episode was buried so deep that I had 'forgotten' the entire thing, wow, Lord knows what else is buried.... let sleeping dogs lie?
man I had buried that so deep that when it came out, it was a revelation, now I have to intergrade it...somehow
Sorry for thread drift

Last Edited:
You know we all have regrets in life, all make some choices that we shouldn't have. I'm not rich, and I have a lot of wants.
But I can't say I'm missing anything I need.
My dad wasn't around and my mom was an alcoholic, but that taught me to be very independent and I learned early in life if I want something to work hard and get it myself. When my car breaks down I fix it myself. Because I taught myself how. When something is wrong in my house, I fix it myself. Because I taught myself how.

I have a great and faithful wife with no drama, and been blessed with two amazing kids who I adore. They are my heroes.
So ever stupid thing I did, and every mistake I made brought me to my life now.
I may not have much money, but I feel wealthy with what I have.

You know we all have regrets in life, all make some choices that we shouldn't have. I'm not rich, and I have a lot of wants.
But I can't say I'm missing anything I need.
My dad wasn't around and my mom was an alcoholic, but that taught me to be very independent and I learned early in life if I want something to work hard and get it myself. When my car breaks down I fix it myself. Because I taught myself how. When something is wrong in my house, I fix it myself. Because I taught myself how.

I have a great and faithful wife with no drama, and been blessed with two amazing kids who I adore. They are my heroes.
So ever stupid thing I did, and every mistake I made brought me to my life now.
I may not have much money, but I feel wealthy with what I have.
Your like me, I had a 'Father' and a good mother but neither could teach me to survive and my church was a viper den.
I escaped to the military, returned still a boy, and then started to teach myself. Literacy is Liberty. I have learned everything, foundation on up through electrics, from books. Now, w/the internet I'm learning at light speed

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top