JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't think buying up ammo to resell at gouging prices is funny.

If Biden wins the election, today's "high" prices will look like dirt cheap sale prices. Most folks will not be able to buy ammo at any price. ;)

ETA: I only wish I had the foresight to stock up during the past 4 years to sell at a profit during times like the ones we are in, but no, I was a dummy - I only stocked up enough for myself. :(

Last Edited:
No regulations on pricing in the classifieds...other than one does need to list a price.
It is not up to me or others to list a "reasonable" price range for someone's item.

Ask what price you want...
People will pay it or not.
Or start threads and brag how they are gettin' rich from buying out the existing stock of items then selling them at exorbitant prices....
And others will bemoan the asking prices....

Regulations are not the answer here.
One should not "regulate" others in regards to their own values and outlooks on life.
Andy
You sound like an "AMERICAN" !

I don't have much comment about ammo and such, just a short story about something that this reminds me of a little bit. Sorry for the thread drift.

I grew up on a farm. My folks lost their shirts ranching in the '70, and worked way too hard scratching a living dairying in the '80s and '90s. I remember at times it was a real struggle just to stay afloat barely ahead of the bank and mortgage payments.

In the late '80s as I recall, timber prices really took off. Farmers scratching a living were often completely ignorant of the value of the trees growing on the back 40. Many times a savvy logger or investor was able to swoop in and buy an old farm for cheap, log off all the timber to more than pay for the land, then divide or sell the land for a huge profit.

Many times we heard the stories, people bragging about making a killing doing that. I'm sure they always intended to impress people with their savvy doing that, but I always felt terrible for the dumb farmer who got took. He'd worked his life away scratching a living, only to have someone else swoop in and reap the rewards. Sad.

That has little or nothing to do with the current discussion, just came to mind is all. The moral of my story, if there is one, is just that in a free country many things are legal and often people lose big through their own ignorance or just bad timing. The people making out like bandits aren't doing anything "wrong", per se (I guess), but it sure doesn't feel right, and it seems in poor taste to brag about it.

Last Edited:
I met a guy the other day who was bragging about changing the price tags at Goodwill and selling the discounted items on eBay for a profit.
Makes you wonder how they were raised.

I learned from the last shortage.since then, and before this shortage I have been buying ammo here and there when it was on sale. Today I can go to the range and have a good time without worrying about shooting myself short.would I sell my surplus for a profit? No I wouldn't, but if a friend needed a box or 2 I would either give it to them or sell it for what I paid for it.

I don't have much comment about ammo and such, just a short story about something that this reminds me of a little bit. Sorry for the thread drift.

I grew up on a farm. My folks lost their shirts ranching in the '70, and worked way too hard scratching a living dairying in the '80s and '90s. I remember at times it was a real struggle just to stay afloat barely ahead of the bank and mortgage payments.

In the late '80s as I recall, timber prices really took off. Farmers scratching a living were often completely ignorant of the value of the trees growing on the back 40. Many times a savvy logger or investor was able to swoop in and buy an old farm for cheap, log off all the timber to more than pay for the land, then divide or sell the land for a huge profit.

Many times we heard the stories, people bragging about making a killing doing that. I'm sure they always intended to impress people with their savvy doing that, but I always felt terrible for the dumb farmer who got took. He'd worked his life away scratching a living, only to have someone else swoop in and reap the rewards. Sad.

That has little or nothing to do with the current discussion, just came to mind is all. The moral of my story, if there is one, is just that in a free country many things are legal and often people lose big through their own ignorance or just bad timing. The people making out like bandits aren't doing anything "wrong", per se (I guess), but it sure doesn't feel right, and it seems in poor taste to brag about it.

Yep, it sucks to be dumb. Knowledge is KING.

And I knew an attorney who did bankruptcy foreclosures for the banks in the '80s. Mostly logging and mill worker families. He *hated* the work and changed his practice as a result.
I met a guy the other day who was bragging about changing the price tags at Goodwill and selling the discounted items on eBay for a profit.
Makes you wonder how they were raised.
You see that here in the classifieds, hunting coats, etc where the seller claims to be the only owner, and there are two XX silver sharpie on the garment tag, a good indication the seller bought it at Goodwill for $19.99 (classic Goodwill because of people who peel and replace the tags).

people don't have to shoot. Taking advantage of someone implies that the person has little to no choice. I would say it is more taking advantage of a situation. If the situation makes losers out of snoozers, than the ones at fault depends entirely on your perspective.

That said, my ammo/primers are still more valuable to me than the money I could get.
I assume then you are one who does not carry a sidearm? Those who do, HAVE to shoot to maintain proficiency in their weapon. To not, is irresponsible.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads