JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the Sig 228 and 229r 9mms, owned both for years. Never had a problem with either. Both have standard Sig sights. I heard people talking smack about the 1911s before and it came down to customer service. I think it has to do with Sigs policys, like most firearms manufacturers want to be the one working on their product. I have always liked Sig products, I also own a P938 nightmare and want a Sig 556R type pistol/rifle. My favorite is when customer service directs you to their website and they are saying exactly whats on the webpage. I understand Sig to employ sheeple. sidenote: customer service at any firearms company must be the pit of hell dept. I can only imagine the calls. :eek:

I have 2 Sig P226's. One 9mm and one ex-LEO .40 DOA that I picked up for $350 and keep in my car. I love them both. They feel and shoot great. There is a reason they are (were?) standard issue for Seals (altho Special Ops can use whatever weapon they prefer).

I have 2 Sig P226's. One 9mm and one ex-LEO .40 DOA that I picked up for $350 and keep in my car. I love them both. They feel and shoot great. There is a reason they are (were?) standard issue for Seals (altho Special Ops can use whatever weapon they prefer).

My Sigs earned their way into my gun safes. The p226 and like series is one of the most proven Duty Pistols in the world. There's a reason many leos in our area think their one of the best when your life depends on it. The triggers are great and very accurate and run and run. To me a sp2022 w night sights for around $500 trumps most other plastic pistols. Smoother DA pull than the CZ to me. And muzzle flip on a 30oz pistol in 9mm really ? Might be an issue on my .44 mag. No fanboy here they just work for me.

So 6 months ago I bought a sig p226 extreme .40 cal and it wasn't hitting on target. I sent it in and they changed the front sight because it was out of spec and sent it back to me and it was shooting great I was happy with it. Then I decided I wanted a heavier gun so I sold my extreme on this sight and went out and bought a sig p226 stainless elite.
I got this gun and sure enough it wasn't hitting on target again. Not sure what I wanted to do so I waited. Then I went shooting again and today I said screw this I'm calling them and so I did.
When I talked to them the guy said sure you can send it in but if we think the gun is hitting on target we are going to charge you 110 dollars for labor costs. I said wow that's kind of stupid you guys never said that last time and apparently you guys sell guns with out of spec sights on them.
So I said give me the sight dimensions and I will measure then and try to figure out what to do.
So I pulled the front sight off and it seemed pretty close. So I pulled the rear sight of and sure enough the sight is not within the size it's suppose to be. So I called back and said listen you guys are selling me junk and I'm spending thousands of dollars and I want a new sight that's the right size. They said sorry we can't do that you have to send the gun to us and we will range test it and charge you 110 dollars if there's nothing wrong with the gun. So I said I have a rear sight that is out of spec per the dimensions you gave me and if I send you the bad sight you won't send me one that is the correct size? Sorry sir we don't do that. So basically they are saying that they will sell me parts that are out of spec garbage and if I want it fixed I have to pay out of my own pocket for a new rear sight because they won't fix there own bubblegum ups. 1100 dollars for a gun and i have to deal with this bullbubblegum. Every glock I ever shot was good every hk I ever shot was good let's face it hk is amazing. But sig sells ducking junk and they won't even fix the problem. I'm not asking for a new gun. I will even send them the bad part I just want the right size sight because I'm certain it would fix my problem but no it's up to me to take risk and or spend money and send my gun away to get it fixed wow I am just amazed this company is a bubbleguming joke. I really like this stainless elite but this customer service is unbelievable.
I have a similar issue with a Colt's 1911 in 38 Super.

A friend who's a police trainer has several Sigs and swears by them. But he bought both of his sons new 320Cs, and both guns kick shells straight back into their faces. Doesn't matter what brand of ammo they use. The same friend also swears by the reliability of his Beretta 92FS, too, though another friend (retired sheriffs deputy and Air National Guardsman) sold his 92FS because it wasn't reliable enough for him to stake his life on it. Of course, he's a Glock guy and swore Glocks are 100% reliable. That is, until my G42 choked on some Blazer Brass .380 Auto at least once with every magazine load. Just goes to show, one man's poison....

A friend who's a police trainer has several Sigs and swears by them. But he bought both of his sons new 320Cs, and both guns kick shells straight back into their faces. Doesn't matter what brand of ammo they use. The same friend also swears by the reliability of his Beretta 92FS, too, though another friend (retired sheriffs deputy and Air National Guardsman) sold his 92FS because it wasn't reliable enough for him to stake his life on it. Of course, he's a Glock guy and swore Glocks are 100% reliable. That is, until my G42 choked on some Blazer Brass .380 Auto at least once with every magazine load. Just goes to show, one man's poison....

Yeah sold a 92 to a guy I used to work with . He couldnt get it to cycle more than 5 rounds without stovepiping. I went out shooting with him and ran 10 straight mags through without a hiccup and handed it back to him. He then had 5 jams in one mag. Its all in the wrist . Limp or not.

There's a concealed carry course titled YSINTG, which stands for You suck! It's not the gun! However, my police trainer friend made a point of telling everyone his 92 would shoot even when limp-wristed, upside down, soaking wet, etc. My personal experience is that all of my Springfield XDs (XDm, XDs, 5.25) have never hiccuped with any ammo, including some crappy remanufactured stuff, so those are the guns I carry (well, not the 5.25, that's for bullseye shooting!).

I *almost* had a beef with Sig over a 220-10mm Hunter with the Kryptek finish.

Without dumping TMI/nobody asking, in the first 4 months i sent this back 3 times. Yes, 3 different issues.

Yes, 3 different responses and Sig stood behind them all.
The most annoying, was the fancy finish literally slipping off the slide in gooey snot wads. Not only did they not refinish that slide, they fabricated a new slide & applied a new 'reptile/camo/whatever it is' style finish.

A couple rear sight issues, handled properly & all without cost to me other than BP meds & a new battery for my pace maker (that's a JOKE son)...

I'm still not sure how they dissuaded me from being upset.

Whatever that 'high bore' issue may be for some, that must be what *I* need, as recently I managed to get the best match time I've ever scored with ANY handgun, using a 229.

Yeah sold a 92 to a guy I used to work with . He couldnt get it to cycle more than 5 rounds without stovepiping. I went out shooting with him and ran 10 straight mags through without a hiccup and handed it back to him. He then had 5 jams in one mag. Its all in the wrist . Limp or not.

Yeah Wired it called: "Recoil Management" :)
mbSr3ln.gif

If the sights are out of spec I would get something from them with the spec written on it and if they try to charge you threaten to file a lawsuit. Tell them there'/ chatter all over firearms forums about them sending out bad sights and that it's a safety issue putting people lives at risk if they needed to use that firearm in a self defense situation.
Threaten to make it a class action.

I bet they waive the $110.

Many customer service people will immediately stop trying to help you out, if you
threaten to sue:eek:

So 6 months ago I bought a sig p226 extreme .40 cal and it wasn't hitting on target. I sent it in and they changed the front sight because it was out of spec and sent it back to me and it was shooting great I was happy with it. Then I decided I wanted a heavier gun so I sold my extreme on this sight and went out and bought a sig p226 stainless elite.
I got this gun and sure enough it wasn't hitting on target again. Not sure what I wanted to do so I waited. Then I went shooting again and today I said screw this I'm calling them and so I did.
When I talked to them the guy said sure you can send it in but if we think the gun is hitting on target we are going to charge you 110 dollars for labor costs. I said wow that's kind of stupid you guys never said that last time and apparently you guys sell guns with out of spec sights on them.
So I said give me the sight dimensions and I will measure then and try to figure out what to do.
So I pulled the front sight off and it seemed pretty close. So I pulled the rear sight of and sure enough the sight is not within the size it's suppose to be. So I called back and said listen you guys are selling me junk and I'm spending thousands of dollars and I want a new sight that's the right size. They said sorry we can't do that you have to send the gun to us and we will range test it and charge you 110 dollars if there's nothing wrong with the gun. So I said I have a rear sight that is out of spec per the dimensions you gave me and if I send you the bad sight you won't send me one that is the correct size? Sorry sir we don't do that. So basically they are saying that they will sell me parts that are out of spec garbage and if I want it fixed I have to pay out of my own pocket for a new rear sight because they won't fix there own bubblegum ups. 1100 dollars for a gun and i have to deal with this bullbubblegum. Every glock I ever shot was good every hk I ever shot was good let's face it hk is amazing. But sig sells ducking junk and they won't even fix the problem. I'm not asking for a new gun. I will even send them the bad part I just want the right size sight because I'm certain it would fix my problem but no it's up to me to take risk and or spend money and send my gun away to get it fixed wow I am just amazed this company is a bubbleguming joke. I really like this stainless elite but this customer service is unbelievable.
Sounds like the STANDARD for Sig customer service to me. I stopped supporting Sig when their president said he did not support civilian gun ownership.

Last Edited:
Well I'm think about getting these sights

Amazon.com: Meprolight Sig Sauer Tru-Dot Night Sight. Adjustable set for pistols with #8 frt. & rear sights: Sports & Outdoors

But my sig has a #6 front and rear sight you think these will still work? Any of you guys had experience with these sights?

What are you using the gun for? I would stay away from adjustable sights for defensive pistols... Ive heard good things about Meprolight sights but whatever you pick be aware choosing the right aftermarket sights can be an expensive gamble. I don't know what #6 and #8 means but seems I would pick the # that came with the gun. I would look on Mepro's website before looking on Amazon...
http://www.meprolight.com/default.asp?catid={3F003DCF-85C5-4672-88B7-3BDA87D650B7}

Sig has standard elevation dimensions intended for certain models/calibers POA/POI at a certain distance. Best to inquire at the factory which is suitable for your applications so as to get the right alignment. The base slot size is the same, and some mix/match will bring your muzzle up or down a given amount.

Sig uses Trijicon sights on many of their guns, Trijicon is every bit as good quality as Meprolite. One way to get your gun back under Sig warranty is to have Sig put their Trijicon sights on it... $120 you said, installed. Keep in mind new Mepro sights do not include installation and your still on your own moving forward. Some of those Amazon vendors have those sights in stock for a few years and tritum has a shelf life.... (had it happen to me...)

God now you guys got me wanting to stick with sig sights. I guess I need to ask those guys again how they are defining their sight picture. Are they saying that combat sights are the top of the sights in the center of the target or are they saying that the center of the dot over the center of the target is combat sights? Because if they are saying it's the latter I would have to disagree and that would bring the group up a little bit which would make it even more questionable in there eyes that it is shooting low.

God now you guys got me wanting to stick with sig sights. I guess I need to ask those guys again how they are defining their sight picture. Are they saying that combat sights are the top of the sights in the center of the target or are they saying that the center of the dot over the center of the target is combat sights? Because if they are saying it's the latter I would have to disagree and that would bring the group up a little bit which would make it even more questionable in there eyes that it is shooting low.

I dont have your gun so you would have to call Sig but my Sig and every other defensive pistol I've owned or shot had a sight picture that you covered the bullseye completely with the front sight like shown in C in this example.
SightPicture.jpg

Different companies have done it different... so if your used to shooting like A and your new gun is zeroed like C then yeah you have to adjust or change sights but you have to decide first what sight picture you want and compare with what Sig installed so you can tell them what actual sights you want. Or maybe your used to "B" like with your Glock and the new Sig is set from the factory at C... or vise versa, so then you think the gun is off.

(I forget what the names or reasons for the different sight pictures are, maybe someone knowledgeable will chime in...)

I've got a sight picture from Sig somewhere if I can find it.
Maybe tomorrow.
Headed for the bunk tonight.
Basically the dots as on "C" above to hit your 'combat POI'.
Different than what I was taught when dinosaurs roamed the land....'combat sight picture' is NOT the old 'pumpkin on a post' from targer bulls eye days.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top