JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So 6 months ago I bought a sig p226 extreme .40 cal and it wasn't hitting on target. I sent it in and they changed the front sight because it was out of spec and sent it back to me and it was shooting great I was happy with it. Then I decided I wanted a heavier gun so I sold my extreme on this sight and went out and bought a sig p226 stainless elite.
I got this gun and sure enough it wasn't hitting on target again. Not sure what I wanted to do so I waited. Then I went shooting again and today I said screw this I'm calling them and so I did.
When I talked to them the guy said sure you can send it in but if we think the gun is hitting on target we are going to charge you 110 dollars for labor costs. I said wow that's kind of stupid you guys never said that last time and apparently you guys sell guns with out of spec sights on them.
So I said give me the sight dimensions and I will measure then and try to figure out what to do.
So I pulled the front sight off and it seemed pretty close. So I pulled the rear sight of and sure enough the sight is not within the size it's suppose to be. So I called back and said listen you guys are selling me junk and I'm spending thousands of dollars and I want a new sight that's the right size. They said sorry we can't do that you have to send the gun to us and we will range test it and charge you 110 dollars if there's nothing wrong with the gun. So I said I have a rear sight that is out of spec per the dimensions you gave me and if I send you the bad sight you won't send me one that is the correct size? Sorry sir we don't do that. So basically they are saying that they will sell me parts that are out of spec garbage and if I want it fixed I have to pay out of my own pocket for a new rear sight because they won't fix there own bubblegum ups. 1100 dollars for a gun and i have to deal with this bullbubblegum. Every glock I ever shot was good every hk I ever shot was good let's face it hk is amazing. But sig sells ducking junk and they won't even fix the problem. I'm not asking for a new gun. I will even send them the bad part I just want the right size sight because I'm certain it would fix my problem but no it's up to me to take risk and or spend money and send my gun away to get it fixed wow I am just amazed this company is a bubbleguming joke. I really like this stainless elite but this customer service is unbelievable.

That's funny I sold my Beretta 92 years ago and went with a 229r a little smaller and supposed to have this great name in firearms. Now I will admit I'm no marksman by any means but the pistol shot consistantly low.
If I aimed at the bullseye it would hit around 4in low at 15 yards.
Modified my aim point 4in high, bullseye.

That really angered me for spending $750 on a pistol to have it shoot so far off. I sold it and bought a Glock and never looked back. Now I have 4 Glocks.

Still miss my Beretta though.

I also bought a Sig 900 light that worked great but the mounting part of it broke off.

I'm done with Sig products.

What's an escalation

Where you talk to the Monkeys boss.

"I feel... I'm being extorted. I've spent %$$ on two pistols in the last %n years, one having a sight problem that I sent in and it was returned after fixing the front sight that was out of spec. The second now having an issue shooting off, I've spoken with earlier reps who have confirmed with me that your %sight is out of spec. I've asked to be sent a replacement sight so I'm not having to waste your time and your money with shipping a pistol back and forth across the country when the only part that's out of spec is the sight.

Now I'm being informed that there is no way to send just the sight to me even though it's confirmed out of spec, but I'm being informed I must be prepared to spend $110+ if somebody deems my sight normal for labor and parts.. I'm having a sour taste in my mouth right now and the flavor is Sig.

Where would you as a company representative like to go with this. Future purchases really weigh on the response.

Sincerely
Former Sig Fan"

Last Edited:
What's an escalation

Used to be part of my job.

When you get the tier 1 peons you get when you call customer service, tell them right away that you called before and want to escalate the issue to the next tier - if they don't give you what you want then ask to be escalated to the next tier.

The higher you go the more freedom they have to help you out without hastles.

I know a dealer that was pulling the night sights off to meet customer demand and switching for contrast and adjusting his price. Hopefully you have factory Sig sights. Mine outshoot me but think my 226 likes 115 grain better than 124. With blazer brass that is. I have only heard good things about their service. Mabey a local indoor range with a smith could help sort it. It sucks not having a firearm shoot to point of aim. Best of luck.

As much as you'd like to do your own gunsmithing, most manufacturers won't let you.

Send it in, they offered that service.

Do NOT send it in for the POI being off.

Instead, send it in for the rear sight being out of spec.

If you were correct in your measurements, they they can't charge you for that.

i cant stand sigs. too high from my hand to the rear sight and IMO they feel top heavy. im a glock, M&P and CZ guy. soon to be a 1911 guy too.

When I talked to them the guy said sure you can send it in but if we think the gun is hitting on target we are going to charge you 110 dollars for labor costs.

What labor costs if they feel the gun is hitting on target, what exactly are they fixing if they are saying it aint broke?

It's a freaking scam dude it's because they have a bunch of fan boys they can do whatever they want so the rest of us are at their mercy. So I can either live with my sights being off or I can send it in and hope I don't get charged. I'm pretty sure I asked him about just fixing the sight and his response was something like the first thing we do is range test it and then go from there. So if the sight is out of spec but it's hitting on target then I'm out 110 dollars but I will probably send it in anyway this sucks.
I really do think sigs are way over hyped but I do really like the stainless elite in 40 cal there's really nothing else like it. But if I'm buying a 9mm there are so many other options to choose from.

If the sights are out of spec I would get something from them with the spec written on it and if they try to charge you threaten to file a lawsuit. Tell them there'/ chatter all over firearms forums about them sending out bad sights and that it's a safety issue putting people lives at risk if they needed to use that firearm in a self defense situation.
Threaten to make it a class action.

I bet they waive the $110.

My $0.02 with Sig:
Never knew much about Sig until I went into Bi-Mart for ammo and saw this beautiful little 938 behind the glass. "What the hell", I told myself. "I'll ask to hold it".
Needless to say after that thing stuck to my hand like it was made for it, it went home with me. $500-ish dollar impulse buy, that has never failed me and is now the best carry gun that I have ever owned. I would bet the farm on it.
However...
My next Sig purchase: the MPX.
Bought this after drooling over pictures for awhile, then I heard how that night club in Florida got shot up. And what do ya know. He used a Sig. Cost me $3200, cause I had to go buy my MPX before they "got banned".
Well, that MPX never did run a whole magazine through it without something going wrong. I called Sig. They said send it back. I said o.k. But I knew if it was fixable by Sig, then I could do it myself. Or so I thought. Six months or so goes by, and I still can't get it to run. So I call Sig. They say send it back. I say o.k. But this time I do.
I got my MPX back a month or so later. It runs like a Swiss sewing machine. No matter what I feed it. No matter how I hold it.
My point to the story for the OP's rant is: Send it back. These guys build good stuff, and stand behind their product. They sent me a postage paid Fed-Ex 2nd day air label. They fixed it for free. Unless there is something amiss with your sights that's on your end, I would like to think they will take care of you.
But I will say one thing. I was a little bummed when my MPX didn't have a free magazine in it when I got it back from Sig. Cause yeah, it sucks to have to send back broken stuff for repair.

Last Edited:
I have read some bad things about Sigs, Mosquito.22lr. I bought mine used, from a member here, who had sent it in because of FTF and FTE issues! He told me that they had fixed everything up, slicked up the action and returned it! Shortly after, he sold it to me! I've got to say, it runs like a greased Cheetah! Never had any kind of failure with it, and the first thing I did to it was run 500 Thunderbolts through it with out cleaning!
So my point is that they will do a really conscience job on a returned weapon!
:) That said, Safrole, it sucks increadibly bad that your expensive pistol isn't perfect!!! I am in the send it back camp, I think they will take care of it!
I've never had to have warranty work on a pistol, very lucky there, including my other Sigs! I sure hope this gets resolved to your complete satisfaction! SRG

Ive had a ton of SIG's over the years. Not a problem with any of them but you have to spend the time to learn how they shoot and adjust the sights if they need adjusting to YOUR shooting style. Yes, its not the gun. Its you. I'll say for the record that if the both of us went out shooting I'd cut the center out of the target with your SIG the way it is .

Just slightly off topic but since they were brought up the Mosquito's can quite easily be made to shoot well. The screw that holds the barrel in is usually the culprit. Bed the barrel in with epoxy and tighten that screw with red loctite and you can get 1 inch groups at 25 yards all day with no failures to do anything and they will shoot just about anything.

So I pulled the front sight off and it seemed pretty close. So I pulled the rear sight of and sure enough the sight is not within the size it's suppose to be. So I called back and said listen you guys are selling me junk and I'm spending thousands of dollars and I want a new sight that's the right size. They said sorry we can't do that you have to send the gun to us and we will range test it and charge you 110 dollars if there's nothing wrong with the gun. So I said I have a rear sight that is out of spec per the dimensions you gave me and if I send you the bad sight you won't send me one that is the correct size? Sorry sir we don't do that.

I think the issue here is you pulled the sights off yourself. Sig uses 3rd party sights (like Trijicon) and they would have no way of telling you didnt just switch out the sights to get a free sight. And im not saying your doing that, im saying they have no way of knowing. You may legitimately have an out of spec sight but I dont know of any company that warrenties their product when the customer has worked on the repair. $110 for new sights installed is not a bad deal actually and they probably will make certain they get the correct sight this time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top