JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I became a man a couple weeks ago cause I have a few hundred .223 rounds that need some testing. I am kind of nervous because I got all different advice on how to load my 55gr .223 so hopefully I did it right and my gun makes it out ok

Hey look here!
I'm wearing a helmet, and my dirt bike goggles.
Maybe a mouth piece as well.
Got some shoulder pads from the football days.
Probably toss those on.
Hey deadeye. How's about making me a bronze award winner?
I need an award.

I'll go with deadeye here, the real pucker time is pulling the trigger on your first handload. I was terrified the first time but it all worked out. Eyes and Ears.

I've never hugged a big tree and fired a gun at the ground on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TREE to test a new load. :huh: O.K...maybe once on an obsolete cartridge when the available data was sketchy and so was the weapon.:) I'm still here...but it is hard typing with one hand.:s0112:

Wait until you you dig the bullet out of the elk, deer, or varmint, you have harvested, recognize it for the SST or Partition or whatever you hand loaded to perfection, & Made It Happen! you will grin to yourself for days on end. It is one of the most satisfying aspects of reloading/hunting/owning firearms I have ever known.

Well if yours just dropped, mine must be dragging the floor :s0131: Just glad I was stocked up before the SHTF. Keep at it...it's an addiction, once you start, you cant stop. Here's an evenings work...

dbca90265ad444ae9a020127b3f6df02.jpg

Hey look here!
I'm wearing a helmet, and my dirt bike goggles.
Maybe a mouth piece as well.
Got some shoulder pads from the football days.
Probably toss those on.
Hey deadeye. How's about making me a bronze award winner?
I need an award.

No need for all that. Just remember the magic words "Honey, would you shoot this for me while I take your picture?"

Thanks.
It's rewarding.
I also feel like I'm taking care of my benifactors.
Teach them how to load.
Leave them ammo for a head start.
And I guess makes me feel more like a self sustaining father.
Kind of like our huge garden, kids can see they don't need to buy everything they need. Just use it.
Casting is next!

They all shot fine.
Gun was shooting a little low.
Only shoot at about 70 yards.
But, I'm thinking the gun is off, not hat load.
I used varget at 25.1
Remember to vary your load in ladder testing. Your barrel harmonic may improve with a slightly different charge an improve your accuracy. Have fun! It been a blat for my sons and I.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top