JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry to hear that Blitzkrieg. It is very hard to lose them.
We spent most of our life with rescued Wolves, Wolfdogs and Alaskan Malamutes.
Every one of them became like family and we miss each and every one of them.

Sorry Blitz. It sucks to bury a dog. This is the biggest reason the wife and I have made the conscious decision not to get a dog after we buried our last chocolate lab four years ago.

BAMCIS... I had a Chocolate Lab once, she was precious!!!! I had an AKC Irish Setter then as well... We lost the lab to a neighbors gun shot, but Red stayed with me until we had to leave, to be with my wife's parents. When I took on Red, I promised the "owner" that he would always have a thousand acres to live on: we had just bought 20 acres, in the Middle of the Oakanogan Nat'l Forest...

Our nearest neighbor, an MD, found him a big ranch to live on, I took my wife down to her parents... As part of her hospice... She passed on surrounded by her Mom, Dad & Brother... And I have not had, either a wife, or a dog, since....

tried for the first half of that several times... To no success, but no dog could ever replace Red....

philip

Yes, Rott's are smart but they can be the most STUBBORN dog you will ever see. My wife and I have had two Rott's and they are really good dogs if you train them right. Both the Rott's we had died (put down) at 10 from bone cancer.

Sure their stubborn, but just give the command and stand there staring them in the eye until they respond. They have to think it over first! Also, I think that they are the laziest mutts on the planet but go into the kitchen and you would think that they are Sudanese gray hounds!
Sorry about your Rotts! I lost two at 10 & 11, also to bone cancer. It's heartbreaking!

Sorry to hear that Blitzkrieg. It is very hard to lose them.
We spent most of our life with rescued Wolves, Wolfdogs and Alaskan Malamutes.
Every one of them became like family and we miss each and every one of them.
The Rottweiler's sound a lot like the wolves as far as raising, I grew up with a Arctic/Malamute-ok with folks hated other dogs.
Now I have 80%Timber/Husky....never bought one and never look for them but happen across them needing homes and they seem to always be wolf mix...sound much like raising the Rottweiler, independent as cats though

hope you don't mind the pics Blitzkrieg

I raised them from 4 weeks old....Left is Niko , smaller at 112lbs but the boss, right is Chinook at 138 lbs I fill a deer tag just for them lol...I will weep like a little girl when they are gone

Last Edited:
Show your furry pals! Here's our furry jester~Mockwilder, Pluto. He's a half sized runt with a tail (rescue) and he's written a 1500 page book on jester tricks, the funniest little guy around

2013_11_15_197_0fcaa34627cfded1c884.jpg

look at that smile !

thanks guys...good people make good dogs, don't care what the breed is, sounds like we all enjoy breeds that are already judged before anyone knows who they are.

one more, my poor wife when they were going through the "challenge the Alfa" stage lol....."don't move babe , I'm getting the camera"

Anyone that does not know the devotion of a good dog should watch the movie Hatchi.
It is portrayed perfectly there.
Its why I like canines more than most people.
The only mistake God made was not giving them as long a life as humans. They are very painful to lose. Its my prayer that we see them all again someday.

Blitz, back when we married in Florida in the early 80's, we acquired "Sis" she was a black & tan 3/4 Rott & 1/4 Warlock Doberman. She was 100# of tall pure muscle and our baby girl (meaning that when a southerner uses that term it is: spoiled rotten). We then acquired "Jojo", a junk yard dog that was 1/2 Dobie and God only knows what else. He was a scrappy chap and produced a gorgeous litter of 12 black and tan pups. Our plans to keep the parents and the runt "Squishy" (he was squished into a triangle in the doghouse by the mom while feeding the others & thought he was dead) changed when I reached journeyman status as a Cable Splicer and went on the road searching for that cash laden rainbow. We sold them all and was ABLE TO MOVE OUT OF FLORIDA!!! Which ain't an easy task let me tell ya (most who afford to move there cannot afford to flee).
We loved them still and talk of the times and memories we had but have since owned only ankle bitters and a Popcorn Lab....
Kudos for the time and effort you assert for these magnificent creatures!!!

Ayla

My daughter got ahold of her during her last Christmas...

Ayla with Tushy on our king size bed...

MyPick.jpg Ailahintheblind3.jpg Ailahas1stChristmas2.jpg IMGP0589_zps1ebc3bd2.jpg

My heart goes out to everyone that has lost there best friend. I know what it is and it's hard. I've had a dog all my life.(starting a 5) Half have been pound dogs or throw-a-ways. I have never had a bad DOG. God Bless all of you that LOVE and take CARE of your DOGS. (PETS) Remember there's always one just waiting to be taken home.

Anyone that does not know the devotion of a good dog should watch the movie Hatchi.
It is portrayed perfectly there.
Its why I like canines more than most people.
The only mistake God made was not giving them as long a life as humans. They are very painful to lose. Its my prayer that we see them all again someday.

Totally agree, brother. It's the only bone I have to pick with our Maker but I can see His answer already

ME: "Why did canines only live short lives and parrots and turtles outlive us?"

The Big Guy: "Because I wanted you to feel just how much mortality sucked so you would learn the lesson, now go play with your eternal furry buddies"..

BTW I speak canine. Anyone who thinks they don't have unique spirits, well they are really missing out

Caveman Jim.. both my parents were from Arkansas

Ya and it would have been very cool if they could talk, yes seems when you really get to know them and they you.
Then they pass away, if you think about it by the time we are married 15 years we know that person better then we do ourselves.
A dogs life is just long enough to build a great friendship .

And they communicate very well for those that listen.
And they train you well if you do :)

We have shared our home and enjoyed most all breeds of dogs in our years (married for the last 50).
I truly believe KoKo our female Goldendoodle here is the smartest and most alert of all, she understands more words than she needs.
Pretty hard to slip something over on her.

100_2134.jpg

100_1767.jpg

100_2121.jpg

100_1767.jpg

100_2134.jpg

100_2121.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show