JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought some of you canine afficionatos might like to see a full pic of my passed on buddy Clovis.. 125 lbs of bone and muscle, here next to a 60 gallon water barrel

13631my_buddy_clovis.jpg

Awesome thought, rescuing them... I know for the most part, those who try to have Rotties as a pet, do Not understand they are a High Maintenance breed: they must be given due care, lots of attention, or they feel neglected.

And neglected Rottwiellers are not a persons friend... And so... Get passed on, given away.

Good on you for taking them in....

philip

Awesome thought, rescuing them... I know for the most part, those who try to have Rotties as a pet, do Not understand they are a High Maintenance breed: they must be given due care, lots of attention, or they feel neglected.

And neglected Rottwiellers are not a persons friend... And so... Get passed on, given away.

Good on you for taking them in....

philip

They require obedience training and socialization as well. Few are willing to put in the time and effort, so many end up on death row at age 1, sadly. I can train 95% of adult Rotties I encounter, only horribly abused ones are hopeless

Sorry Blitz. It sucks to bury a dog. This is the biggest reason the wife and I have made the conscious decision not to get a dog after we buried our last chocolate lab four years ago.

My condolences Blitz, Clovis was a good looking boy. Rotties and Rotty mixes are one of my favorites, and sadly a lot of them do wind up in shelters. Thank you for putting in the effort to rescue and train.

Rottweilers will test your resolve every day! It's because they're smart! If you're a strong pack leader it's hard to imagine a more loving and obedient friend. Good job Blitz!

Rescues will love you more than papered pups because they know you literally saved their lives. Plan to expand the rescue thing once the new home is built, and offer Rotties to good homes

x2. My mom has rescued a lot of dogs, including three Rotties and one pit bull. She currently has three rescued dogs (one basset hound and two mutts) and a non-rescue doberman.

Rest in Peace, Clovis.

Rottweilers will test your resolve every day! It's because they're smart! If you're a strong pack leader it's hard to imagine a more loving and obedient friend. Good job Blitz!

Yes, Rott's are smart but they can be the most STUBBORN dog you will ever see. My wife and I have had two Rott's and they are really good dogs if you train them right. Both the Rott's we had died (put down) at 10 from bone cancer.

Sorry Blitz. It sucks to bury a dog. This is the biggest reason the wife and I have made the conscious decision not to get a dog after we buried our last chocolate lab four years ago.

4 of our Rotties are buried on our future homesite. My gal was heartbroken each time one passed but I won her over that more are dying every day and need homes

The males especially can be as stubborn as Missouri mules, but have hearts of gold

It sucks losing a dog. Sorry.
But having that dog for it's lifetime always outweighs the pain of losing them.
I'm a "Lab" kind of guy, black ones at that! Don't have one now. The last year is the first year without one for almost 30 years. There will be another one, though. We have a couple of "house rats" (little dogs) that are great, but they can't be the dog I haul around with me and take out in the toolies. Isn't that why a boy needs a dog?

None of ours have lived past 11 and our last girl rescue died last winter at age 9, the sweetest girl dog with children you'd ever run across

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top