Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My Avatar And Profile Picture Won't Load

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by mxitman, Jan 24, 2009.

1. mxitman

mxitman N. Seattle Member

Hi, I just joined as a bronze member and I keep trying to upload a profile picture and avatar but no matter what I do it keeps saying invalid file?

All attempts are under the size requirements, and I've tried jpg,ico,bmp,gif etc to no avail... I've even upload them to my website and tried it that way.

2. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Avitar-

So your file size is under 19.5 KB and dimensions no greater than 80 x 60 pixels... just double-checking--- both types of "sizes".

Can you post regular pictures into a thread hosted on your server? Like this?

Hmm should work the same way, I had to get my file size a bit below the requrement in oder to do my Avatar of Emily The Cat

3. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

And on the other habnd you could skip the whole thing. Heh. Where'd everybody go?

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Still having problems?

5. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Must be... since I still see no avatar for him. :huh:

6. greenLED

greenLED Beaver Nation expat Member

How many posts does one need for the avvy option to be active? Or is this an option only for paying members?

7. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Its active for any donating member.

8. greenLED

greenLED Beaver Nation expat Member

That explains it. Thanks, PG.