JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just joined this forum and usually don't have much to say on internet forums, but a couple of threads caught my eye. Specifically “AR-15 Newby.. School Me” and “Cheaper Than Dirt Customer Service”. So instead of hijacking either one or both of those threads I thought I'd just start this one.

My AR's and how I got them

In November my wife told me I had been gone long enough. She wanted me home over Christmas. Talking with her Skype one evening, (or more specifically her morning) she asked me what I wanted for Christmas and/or my birthday. Like she didn't already know. She knew I had quite extensively researched the whole black rifle thing where I found “The Chart” and went from there. So I told her I couldn't see getting anything other than Bravo Company Manufacturing ( BCM). I sent her the website of the two rifles I wanted.

I warned my wife if she did get either one of these, then for luck, as with all brand new guns, the first rounds put through them has to be fired by a woman. And whats more is she has to be topless. :D She asked who the **** made that crap up. :confused: I told her (with a completely straight face) it was the Gun Gods. And since they are by definition “Gods” then they have to be appeased. Otherwise bad things surrounding the gun could happen in the future. A non-believing “Uh huh, you're full of bubblegum”,:rolleyes: was her response. So I dropped it.

To my surprise a BCM M4 mod 2 was waiting for me when I got home. She said it was my birthday present). As much as I admired it, I had other issues to attend to. But in a few days time, we took it out to shoot. Yes, my wife broke it in properly. And yes I have the pictures to prove it. But no, I'm not show anyone and not going to post them. (Darn!) :s0002: I'm a newb on this site and don't really want to get banned right off the bat. After sighting it in we put about another 400 rounds through it. Now I kinda wish I had gone with a middy, but that's a different story for another time. It sure shot like a dream though! :s0053::s0053::s0053:

The next day in a local gunstore she caught me looking all googlie-eyed at an EOTech HWS. (Like I needed it!) To my surprise she told the owner of the shop it was going home with us along with a Sig P238 she was eyeing. With some other stuff we bought, we dropped about $1500 on them that day. :huh:

My wife wasn't through yet.

Then for Christmas she got for me a BCM A4 (their version of an AR-15) for Christmas. What an awesome woman!!! Nothing says “Merry Christmas” and “I love you” to a man like a new gun. The next day we took it out to shoot. And yes, as before, my wife broke that one in right too! :D

Now the bad side. I think I created a monster. My wife wouldn't hardly let me shoot either of them. She to busy shooting them herself. She sure likes it when I help her load magazines. But in all seriousness, she's turned into a pretty good shot, making nice groups at 200 yds. :s0152:

We managed to shoot about 1500 rounds through each rifle before it was time to me to go back to the sandbox. In that time neither of the rifles malfunctioned. A mixture of “good ammo” and a lot of that cheap Russian steel crap were shot. Neither gun cared what they ate. They both functioned flawlessly. :banana::s0053::banana:

Now I can't wait to get home so she and I can do some more shooting. :s0058:

The moral of this little story is don't rely totally on what you read on internet forums. Do your own homework and decide for yourself. You will get what you pay for. For me after doing mine (homework that is) I couldn't see myself plunking down $850 or $900 on a Bushmaster or Olympic when for about 15 to 20% more I could purchase a top notch rifle.

I sure am glad this woman :love: puts up with me enough that she wants to be my wife. And I'm glad I found “The Chart” and researched these black rifles. Otherwise I'm sure I'd have buyer's remorse tight now. :s0155:

Nice! Can't go wrong with a pair of BCMs, they will serve you well. Just wait, next you'll be wanting a middy or an SBR. You're a lucky man, sounds like your wife is a real keeper.

Nice. She got a sister?

As matter of fact she has two sisters. :eek:

One is single, and the other is probably going to be single soon. But sorry. I already got the pick of the litter. :s0155: I think the my wife ended up with got all of the "cool" genes. :buttrock: Because neither of her sisters are like the one I ended up with. :love:

They both remind me of my ex-wife for different reasons. Which is why she is my EX! :nuts:

-Sorry guys! :s0114:

BAMCIS,

I have to say thank you. Thank you for introducing me to the Gun Gods.

I went with my girlfriend yesterday to christen my new AR and on the way up to a fav shooting spot, I told her the tale of the Gun Gods and the necessity to christen the rifle in the appropriate way. I informed her that if we did not, bad luck would follow the gun.

Well, I'm happy to report that she obliged and it was great. Woohoo!!!:D:s0155:

And then I found out she's a beer can assassin!:s0112:

You are quite welcome PC. Those Gun Gods are not to be taken lightly. If she understands that I bet you'll find yourself buying a lot more guns. This is why mine told me the next gun(s) we buy are going to wait till the weather is warmer. :winkkiss:

Oh, and do you have pics? I mean of the gun? :huh:

You are quite welcome PC. Those Gun Gods are not to be taken lightly. If she understands that I bet you'll find yourself buying a lot more guns. This is why mine told me the next gun(s) we buy are going to wait till the weather is warmer. :winkkiss:

Oh, and do you have pics? I mean of the gun? :huh:

I'll have to upload a couple tonight of the gun only. I asked to take a pic when she shot but she told me no. Since she was holding a loaded weapon I decided that it was best to comply with her request.

LOVE THE BCM MIDDY!!!
d6cf1088.jpg

I'll have to try the Gun Gods as soon as possible!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top