JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless you like it that way, I suggest you replace the standard A2 pistol grip for something that is less angled, has finger grooves, and possible options for different backstraps and such. CAA makes a great pist grip and is what I run on 5 of my 6 AR's.

You're saying that AK47 Pmags will work in the AR platform?
Not in the lower you have pictured.

7.62x39 rounds are tapered and require a curved magazine to feed properly with minimal friction. The problem with the path you have taken with the build pictured in 7.62x39 is you are limited to aftermarket magazines that are a compromise due to the shape of your lower magwell. Below is a pic of what you may have to suffer in order to shoot your gun. A lot of these mags are crapola like the ones sold at JGSales, etc.

Anyway, I apologize if I am missing something here....

cproducts-28-round-762.jpg
http://www.blackriflearms.com/C-Products-Defense-762x39-30rd-Magazine_p_183.html

Last Edited:
Unless you like it that way, I suggest you replace the standard A2 pistol grip for something that is less angled, has finger grooves, and possible options for different backstraps and such. CAA makes a great pist grip and is what I run on 5 of my 6 AR's.

That pistol grip came with my Colt lower parts kit, I'm sure I'll change it out at some point.

Also, a normal AR15 upper receiver will work with x39 rounds, correct? I test fitted a cartridge and it fits through the ejection port, but it's a pretty close fit.

look for a device less than 1.3" OD. My Gen2 is 1.3 ID.......I have a pisto with an SLR rail and those are 1.3 ID as well. I ended up with a Kuuma V4, right size and made by the same folks who made my barrel so what the hell one less KX5

ETA: Kuuma's don't come in 30 cal, KX5 should do you fine

imagejpg2_zps470db787.jpg

It's a super super close fit. It actually fits in about 1/4 of an inch before it hits a little lip in the hand guard. Look in the end of yours and you'll see what I mean.

damn, there goes most the linear comps.....have you looked STD ? I think the new Griffin linear might be close to three but they went and drilled 3 little ports on the top, not sure if it moves enough gas to pooch the rail.....

I would comb through the linear comp world you might get lucky, a linear would work better than the KAK anyway

If worse comes to worse see if a machine shop can turn down the KAK since its a solid one piece aluminum it would be easy for a machine shop.
Hit it with high temp flat black and call it good.....the machining and paint would be under the rail.......just an idea sorry not more helpful, good luck.

So I did some measuring. Looks like KAK sent me the regular flashcan instead of the slimline flashcan. I'll try ordering another one and see what happens.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top