JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a 454 tarus casull
Hate the rubber handle/i took the handle off to check the stucture of the gun/ if someone has a cnc machine
The can pump out some nice handles made out of Elk antler/white plastic(pearl)/black (mother of pearl) any of those would dress the gun up to Pluto or Mars. :0)

Have you had a chance to shoot your Taurus yet?
If not, I would suggest trying it out with the rubber grips on first. 454 Casull is no joke. I recently picked up a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull, and after putting about 100 rounds through it, there is no way I'm taking the stock rubber grips off. The recoil is very stout in 454 Casull.

I bought a 454 tarus casull
Hate the rubber handle/i took the handle off to check the stucture of the gun/ if someone has a cnc machine
The can pump out some nice handles made out of Elk antler/white plastic(pearl)/black (mother of pearl) any of those would dress the gun up to Pluto or Mars. :0)

I take it you haven't shot a 454 with pretty grips made from exotic materials. One shot and you'll appreciate the ugly rubber grips. Pretty grips aren't practical on 454s, 500s, etc. That's why they don't come with them. In fact, most folks can't handle the recoil with the rubber grips and sell it for some less punishing.

If not, I would suggest trying it out with the rubber grips on first. 454 Casull is no joke. I recently picked up a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull, and after putting about 100 rounds through it, there is no way I'm taking the stock rubber grips off. The recoil is very stout in 454 Casull.
I fully agree. I have two revolvers in .454 casull, and theyre a beast. The 240 grain Hornady will sting pretty good after 6rds on rubber, can't imagine 300 grain +p with anything harder.

I understand the need to personalize your gun. Without a doubt this caliber is pretty serious. The stock grip is designed to absorb some of the volatility. I put about 10 rounds down range and I'm pretty much done with this handgun. I do love those 10 Rounds. This is a really fun gun

I take it you haven't shot a 454 with pretty grips made from exotic materials. One shot and you'll appreciate the ugly rubber grips. Pretty grips aren't practical on 454s, 500s, etc. That's why they don't come with them. In fact, most folks can't handle the recoil with the rubber grips and sell it for some less punishing.
I dont even like "pretty" grips on a heavy .44 mag revolver. Not if I'm gonna be shooting full power loads in it. Make my grips rubber. And ones that fully cover and cushion the backstrap.

Trimmed the thing today, gotta build the door and roof yet.
20200418_191555.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads