JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i have never quite got the hype over the 1911's. They are nice looking guns as far as appearance, but why own one?

Well, i lost my 1911 virginity today and picked up a used Ruger SR1911. I havnt even done any research on them, but i got all googly eyed and bought it 30 minutes ago. Here she is.........do i need to name her? 20140608_182922.jpg

The Rugers are nice pistols, I have A LOT of rounds out of mine with no issues.

The only thing you really need to watch out for is, they have a really strange way of multiplying.

Welcome to the club. A first 1911 is always good. Not as good a first menage de trois, but they are good. Be careful though. You'll find 1911's seem to multiply.

. The bad thing about the 1911 is most people never have just 1. A 1911 is a manly pistol so as such a manly name is a must. Browning Hi Powers gets the girly names

Last Edited:
I cut my teeth on a Colt 1911 with my father. It it one of the fondest memories of my childhood. I have owned several since and still do to this day. Including my Great-Uncle's Ithaca WWII service gun. It is my most prized possession. I have said and will continue to say, if my house caught on fire I would get my family and my .45 to safety.

And just FYI, a Ruger SR1911 CMD is on my list.

Welcome to the dark side of hand guns. You will find they just seem more accurate than plastic guns. They are extensions of your arm, not a lump in your hand. Once I got into 1911's all my other handguns got replaced with another 1911. Luckily my wife understands!:p

I've been enamored with VZ grips, but haven't taken the plunge... yet. The grips on my CBOB are taking a beating so I just may have to buy a set.
My first 1911 was a Para Ordnance P12 that I truly regret selling. The reason I sold it was I bought a Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail.
It's a toss-up between that Wesson and my '51 Colt. The Wesson is my "one and only" gun, but there is something about an older Colt...

You should not shoot that gun, you will hate it and because you're in the dog house with the wife I will be glad to help you out and take it off your hands, no charge.

Congrats.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top