JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fusion- I'm undecided. I love their work from appearance side. But something just eats at me. It seems really the only place I hear any praise for them is in their forum on 1911forum. beyond that they seem to have a cloud overhanging them and haven't heard reasons why.
--------
I've not seen any negatives myself. Where are you seeing them?

Seen a few alludings on ARF and 1911forum outside of the fusion forum. Like I said nothing direct, just here and there watch outs. Those are usually what catch my eye though.

The only time I have ever sold a fire arm (vs trade or BUY) was a Kahr PM9. Thing worked great and I loved it, but it only liked +P ammo. It would jam at the range and in the woods with non +P. Sent it back to the factory and still the same. Other than that I loved it, but it is gone now.

I am just about to order a Fusion myself, unless an Ed Brown or Wilson used comes along. My thoughts were that it is something I will be carrying around for, well a long time. It is worth the few dollars more for just what I want. Comes out to pennys a day over a year. Easy to save for! Been waiting for mine for 5 months now, and should be ordering it in February. 4" all black Ion bond with bobtail. Nice carry piece!

The only time I have ever sold a fire arm (vs trade or BUY) was a Kahr PM9. Thing worked great and I loved it, but it only liked +P ammo. It would jam at the range and in the woods with non +P. Sent it back to the factory and still the same. Other than that I loved it, but it is gone now.

I am just about to order a Fusion myself, unless an Ed Brown or Wilson used comes along. My thoughts were that it is something I will be carrying around for, well a long time. It is worth the few dollars more for just what I want. Comes out to pennys a day over a year. Easy to save for! Been waiting for mine for 5 months now, and should be ordering it in February. 4" all black Ion bond with bobtail. Nice carry piece!

Kahr made a "Lady Kahr" with a reduced power recoil spring that could be retrofitted to other Kahrs that are the same size/slide length.
This should solve the problem of jamming with less-than +P ammo for anyone else experiencing this problem.

Seen a few alludings on ARF and 1911forum outside of the fusion forum. Like I said nothing direct, just here and there watch outs. Those are usually what catch my eye though.

There is nothing to watch out for. They build a custom gun at a great price, you get to order it from the President of the company, and he also will give personal customer service. You won't find a better 1911 product for the price. Period. Great product & great service, zero risk.

about the Kahr, and possible feed problems wiht sub-+P loads.... that is the lightweight poly frame, the heavier all stainless frames give a lot more inherent stability leading to less felt recoil, and also tend to resist the slide spring load better, as they offer more mass against the action of the slide. It may be that your wrist is just a bit slack, and does not hold the poly frame models tight enough to make the slide travel properly. This is one of the tradeoffs with a lightedight poly frame weapon. As suggested, a lighter recoil spring may help, as the slide will be able to move rearword on firing the more easily, thus clearing the spent round and jacking the new on into the chamber in its place. Before writing them off, you might consider trying a Kahr stainless frame .45 ACP and see how that does. They make all their pistols in either stainess or poly frame. The stainless frame ones also tend to be less jumpy when fired, as the added mass of the frame helps resist the slide's action.

MIM is a crap shoot. 99% of the time you'll be fine. As said DW does not use MIM, you can replace MIM parts as well. After all there is a huge 1911 aftermarket.

Fusion- I'm undecided. I love their work from appearance side. But something just eats at me. It seems really the only place I hear any praise for them is in their forum on 1911forum. beyond that they seem to have a cloud overhanging them and haven't heard reasons why.

If I'm correct off memory DW is just releasing the CCO as an '10 model correct?

Why buy a gun with mim parts then spend more money to replace them? Most people will never shoot a gun enough to break it and that is why they came out with mim parts. If you don't plan to shoot much then it really doesn't matter how the gun is made.

Myself I shoot a bit and don't want my carry gun to break down when I need it most. But my guns I just shoot it really doesn't matter if they have mim cause they are range guns.

Mim has surface hardening and wear is real fast if the hardening isn't done well. Moot point I guess as the original poster must have plenty of money to change whatever parts he wants:s0112::s0112:

jj

If I had the money, was to do it all over again and had the bread to do it with, I'd probably buy the Ed Brown Special Forces Carry.
But since I got a Dan Wesson CBOB I can't imagine letting it go, or finding anything that I like better. Fit, finish and the trigger are all excellent.
I carried an aluminum framed Officer's sized gun OWB for a long time, and while this gun is bigger and heavier, I don't mind at all. The longer, stainless slide makes it a bit tougher on clothing choices when using an OWB belt slide.

(steps into nearby phone booth)

(puts on DMUUY had)

(emerges to pose a question)

Alrignt, I'll bite....

what are "MIM" parts?

Made in Mexico?

Made in MainlandChina?

Made of Inferior Materials?

someone please remove my Dummy Hat.......

thanks, Krawl. Makes sense now. No, they'd not be near as strong as being machined out of billet, nor forged. Cheap to produce, but not a good place to cut production costs. Now I know..... thanks.

Oh, and Will, thanks for weighing in.... I was wonderinng if I was the only one sitting on the Group D bench. Nice to have your company, even if only for a few minutes.

but now, we've both lost our Dummy Hats so we can get up off this bench and move along.

That's what I'd really like to know; how does the 'duty finish' hold up?

Regardless, I've chosen to go with the CCO and the PM9. I really need to get Jenny a carry gun, and that outweighs the slim differences between the CCO and the Fusion in a carry environment.

And just as I say that, I see the new 2010 prices have taken effect for DW's. Now the difference is only $294 :(

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top