My $100 Remington 581

joken

Reactions
This rifle was fugly a few weeks ago. The toe and butt plate were broken, bolt handle loose, no rear sight assy and the takedown screw was missing. I got this 95% stock from Gunville for $82 delivered and was really pleased with the quality. I had to remove a lot of material to make it match the new butt plate. I soldered the bolt handle and found a bolt that will work for the takedown screw until I get something better. Never did find a rear sight. Cerakoted it and put it back together today. I can only shoot 17 yards here at home and this thing will put them in one hole. I had heard that these were very accurate rifles and they are. If you find one, buy it.
5811.JPG 5812.JPG

Reactions
Nice work! It looks beautiful! Those are really accurate rifles and very under rated little gems when you find them. I've had good luck putting upward pressure on the tip of the forearm and cut groups in half. I've got a few sets of rear sights if you want to take it back to original. Pm me if your interested. Congrats!

WillametteWill

Reactions
Good job! I'm still shooting the one I received for Christmas...a few years ago (36 or more I believe). This might inspire me to refinish my stock and put on a better scope. Thanks for sharing the photos.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
  • Advanced Firearms Training
    2.00 star(s)
    Good in some ways, not in others
    The shop itself has a great selection from milsurp to modern, which we rarely see much of anymore. What rubbed me the wrong way is when doing...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great for Transfers
    Very friendly, likable crew, for example the pocket watch guy is knowledgeable about collectibles and always great to banter with while waiting...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    About 8 years with these people
    I am stuck on them; always good service, nice people, and regardless of staff changes, treat me very nicely. I am pretty sure I have been doing...
Top Bottom