JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
http://www.ammoland.com/2015/01/mos...f-mvp-7-62mm-bolt-action-rifle/#ixzz3PcBwohZt

AR-Compatible Bolt-Action with Multi-Rail Accessory System.

Mossberg-Scout-Version-of-MVP-7.62mm-Bolt-Action-Rifle.jpg
Mossberg Releases Scout Version of MVP 7.62mm Bolt-Action Rifle
Mossberg-Logo.jpg
Mossberg
North Haven, CT --(Ammoland.com)- Mossberg listened when our customers said that our AR-compatible MVP Series was the ideal platform for a scout rifle.

For 2015, Mossberg is pleased to announce the MVP Scout rifle chambered in 7.62mm NATO (308 Win).

The new MVP Scout features an extended top rail and two side-mounted short rails for ease of adding optics and accessories; an optional Scoped Combo version of the MVP Scout is also offered. These highly-innovative carbine rifles feature Mossberg's patented Dual Push bolt and patented Dual Latch designs that accept and reliably-feed from both M1A/M14 and AR10-style magazines, a first for bolt-actions!

The general-purpose Scout rifle was defined by the legendary Col. Jeff Cooper, and Mossberg has combined those key features in their MVP Scout 7.62mm NATO (308 Win) bolt-action rifle. This highly-versatile, short-action rifle has an 11-inch receiver/barrel-mounted Picatinny rail which provides a solid base for standard or long-eye relief optics. When used properly, with both eyes open, a low-power and forward-mounted scope provides the user with an unobstructed field-of-view as with open sights. The Picatinny rail and forward-mounted optic provide greater clearance in the ejection port area for quicker reloads. For sight system versatility, an integrated, rail-mounted, Ghost Ring rear sight is paired with a barrel-mounted, fiber optic front sight. Two handy Picatinny side rails, located near the front of the forend, provide for easy-attachment of tactical lights, laser or accessories.

Chambered in 7.62mm NATO (308 Win), the MVP Scout features a compact 16 ¼-inch medium bull, carbon steel button-rifled, threaded barrel with an A2-style suppressor, with a 1:10 twist rate to optimize bullet performance. A protective thread cap is provided. Completing the Scout package is an adjustable, rifle sling.

Convenient, scoped combo packages are also available, featuring a UTG AccuShot 1-4x28mm scope with extended eye relief (6 to 9 inches). The AccuShot optic also has the patented EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing System with red/green Dual-Color Mode and Multi-Color Mode (36 colors) to accommodate all weather and light conditions. Low-profile, lever-lock UTG rings and flip-open lens caps are included.

Adding to the virtues of this ruggedly-built, all-purpose platform is Mossberg's patented Lightning Bolt Action (LBA) Trigger System that delivers a crisp, creep-free trigger pull and is user-adjustable from 3 to 7 pounds; a classic stock design with stippling on the pistol grip and forend, finished in a matte black, coarse texture; exposed metalwork features a matte blue finish; front and rear sling swivel studs; spiral-fluted bolt; oversized bolt knob; and 10-round capacity magazine. And because of its patented designs, the MVP Scout can be used with both M1A/M14 and AR10-style aftermarket magazines.

Combining the classic features of a Scout rifle, as described by Col. Jeff Cooper, with the breakthrough design of Mossberg's MVP Series bolt-action rifles elevates the definition of Scout rifle to a new level.

To see more information on the MVP Scout as well as the complete line of MVP bolt-action rifles, please visit our website at www.Mossberg.com or your local Mossberg dealer today.

I wonder "which" AR10 mags... AR10 is thrown around like a all inclusive term. If literal it wont do me any good as I have the DPMS/LR-308/SR-25 pattern mags not Armalite ones.

I guess I am glad I did not stumble across a Ruger Gunsite scout. I think this will be a better fit for my needs. Now If I can only find one in stock someplace at a reasonable price.

Why wouldn't you want a Semi for a scout rifle? Other than Col. Cooper spec'd out a bolt.

He has a number of discussions on trying to get his design manufactured in the Gunsite backpage that he wrote for so long. <broken link removed>

I have several semi auto .308 rifles, two that take SR-25 mags. I would like to have a light bolt gun that I can swap the suppressor off the AR too.

The biggest reason why I would want one is because I want one.

That seems like a nice rifle. I will keep my eye on it, although I already have a Scout bolt action rifle; a SMLE/Ishapore Enfield with short barrel and Scout scope mount - it just needs a better flash hider, better iron sights and a better stock. I prefer the Enfield action over the Mauser, it is faster.

The reason I am really glad I read this thread was that through it I finally found the scope I wanted; a 1-4X long eye relief scope to use as a Scout scope. I just ordered one last night with the mil-dot reticle. Not a high end scope, but good enough and for the price it has a good value.

I have a number of pistol scopes but they all start at 2X and I wanted a lower starting power.

Most the people I've talked to who have tried the MVP series of rifles end up going to the Ruger GSR platform or other rifle. That was of course before they put the fancy scout rail and all that, but put side by side with a Ruger GSR, and I imagine the GSR will win most categories except price, and possibly stock.

At least that seems to be the information I'm getting from customers so far. We'll see if that continues as the MVP scout picks up in popularity.

Just the fact that I own 10 magazines already that fit this is enough to make me choose it over a GSR. I prefer the looks of the GSR and I would prefer a Ruger to a Mossberg, i'm still going to buy an MVP

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top