JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just went through all 10 pages here and didn't see a pic thread so, here is one! :) Post up your muzzleloaders. Rifles, Pistols, Canons or whatever. Here are a few I've owned over time.

DSC01137.JPG
101_0278.JPG
101_0181.JPG
101_0182.JPG
101_0183.JPG

I've only got a couple so can't add much. I do think muzzle loaders will be more popular in OR in the future though.

A couple pics of my Taylor's/Uberti rem 1858. Supposedly have a stocked version of it (Uberti) coming eventually (18" barrel I think?) but been on back order for ages so I'll believe it when it's on the doorstep ha ha.
091F047C-A612-49AC-9DAC-20B7555E12E8.jpeg
8C42ACE9-DA25-4A06-914B-2BA6FC4966D0.jpeg

Here are a couple of pictures of my .50 cal Thompson Center Hawken inherited from my Dad. The pictures are from a mule deer hunt at Hart Mountain a few years back. I didn't find a buck big enough to get me excited, but I did find a shed from one that one would have.

IMG_7145.JPG IMG_7148.JPG

I've only got a couple so can't add much. I do think muzzle loaders will be more popular in OR in the future though.

A couple pics of my Taylor's/Uberti rem 1858. Supposedly have a stocked version of it (Uberti) coming eventually (18" barrel I think?) but been on back order for ages so I'll believe it when it's on the doorstep ha ha.

View attachment 1325456
Holy shirt!!!! That's not one of them 'things that go up' is it?

I don't believe they made them in .45.
I may be wrong but, the Renegade in general are becoming harder to find now that T/C are no longer making traditional muzzleloaders. Hmmm, seems I thought I saw one in .45 but, I might be thinking of their hawken rifle.🙄

'Huh, huh, huh, he said two balls!'

However - here is the T/C Renegade I restored a few years ago that had not been cleaned in over 20 years!

View attachment 1342953
I have the T/C Hawken. Is the Renegade shorter?

I sure like the looks of the buckhorn sight on your rifle better than the peep on mine. My dad always said he couldn't hit anything with buckhorn sights, thus the peep on mine. The only problem is, it looks like a 90 year-old man picked up a twenty-something gal. NOT that there's anything wrong with that mind you. I don't judge. :s0002:

Last Edited:
I may be wrong but, the Renegade in general are becoming harder to find now that T/C are no longer making traditional muzzleloaders.
They were definitely one of the better MLs made for sure - especially the early ones with either Douglas Supreme or Sharon barrels.

Mine has a Sharon and has some pitting inside but I lapped it with water based valve lapping compound and got a lot of it off, and subsequent leading of the barrel has smoothed it out and it shoots very accurately.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top