JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Showed up 25min. ago. Traditions Crockett .32 for small critters.

thumbnail_IMG_0892.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0893.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0894.jpg

Most if not all of these appear to be a more traditional ML. I have one and it's a Thompson Encore in 50 cal. Topped with an Elite 4200 3-10x40. I started hunting with a ML 2 seasons ago in Georgia and have killed 3 deer. 2 does and my 2nd best buck ever!

3CC3D091-62D5-487E-8E02-6BB9489C3E6C.jpeg 2D4750EC-2BDD-4072-8392-7BD6788B4F75.jpeg

Most if not all of these appear to be a more traditional ML. I have one and it's a Thompson Encore in 50 cal. Topped with an Elite 4200 3-10x40. I started hunting with a ML 2 seasons ago in Georgia and have killed 3 deer. 2 does and my 2nd best buck ever!

View attachment 1365225 View attachment 1365226
Nice buck!

One reason you see more traditional muzzleloaders in the pictures might be because your setup would be illegal in Oregon for the muzzleloader hunts. I'm not familiar with the Encore .50 cal, but the scope alone would make it out-of-bounds. I believe it would be legal for the "any weapon" seasons but could be wrong. I also don't know about Washington or other western states and their laws.

Washington is crazy strict when it comes to ML. In lines are fine but no scopes, nothing electronic, no jacketed ammo etc. it doesn't affect me though- i have a knight mk85 in 54 but I am straight flintlock for last couple years and wouldn't look back. It's too much fun!

Nice buck!

One reason you see more traditional muzzleloaders in the pictures might be because your setup would be illegal in Oregon for the muzzleloader hunts. I'm not familiar with the Encore .50 cal, but the scope alone would make it out-of-bounds. I believe it would be legal for the "any weapon" seasons but could be wrong. I also don't know about Washington or other western states and their laws.
I got thinking about it and this is exactly what I figured. Georgia started allowing a scopes several years ago. I never had much interest to try until 2-3 years ago. I always bow hunter or centerfire rifle hunted. Thanks for the response

Washington is crazy strict when it comes to ML. In lines are fine but no scopes, nothing electronic, no jacketed ammo etc. it doesn't affect me though- i have a knight mk85 in 54 but I am straight flintlock for last couple years and wouldn't look back. It's too much fun!
Actually WA is hardly restrictive compared to other states. Jacketed bullets are allowed along with 209 primers and closed ignition.

Actually WA is hardly restrictive compared to other states. Jacketed bullets are allowed along with 209 primers and closed ignition.
The Overlords are allowing you to use jacketed bullets?

Wow. I wonder what the men at the Boston Tea Party would say about that, if we could bring them into our time.

A couple of "Tacky" guns.... :D
Brass tacks were a very popular fur trade item.

With that said....a firearm with tacks doesn't automatically mean that it was used by a Indian or fur trader....
Gotta look at the gun as whole to have any sort of idea of what it is that you are looking at....
Not just focusing on one feature of the firearm.

Top is a original Parker Field Northwest Tradegun...circa 1854.
Originally was a flintlock...at some point in time converted to percussion.

Bottom is a J.Henry Flintlock Trade Rifle....circa 1840's
Andy

My repro 1863 Remington Zouave.
The guy before me took the rear sight off and filled the holes of solder I think. It was half set up for completion sights, but I took that junk off and just shoot it using the front sight like you would a slug gun. It's my favorite range toy at the moment. I cast my own .562 round balls and use 60 grains Goex fffg.

AE759D7C-5AF5-4C06-BDFD-17FD530BB7B0.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads