JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... Yelling or being rude will gets a person's attention but it often takes away from the message you are trying to express.

+1

Are they going to remember "I did something unsafe." or "That guy was a jerk."?

It's good to get stuff off your chest, and it's not healthy to keep it bottled up, but I don't listen well when someone is yelling at me. That said, it's not easy to stay polite after someone just put your life in jeopardy. So I try... I try. :mad::confused:

My take on this having just been swept a few days ago. A gun I knew for a fact to be empty.
THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SWEEPING ANYONE!!!!

"I've been shooting guns all my life..." and if you sweep me again i will consider it an armed threat and respond.

Yes, the whole blowing up in someones face is rarely justified in my opinion, getting the message across matters far more, it's the comment about "that guy was a jerk" that pretty much nailed it.

My question was somewhat specific, it wasn't a man Vs woman thing, it was women with whom i am close, which can make it worse for them if they feel massively belittled in front people, it will never help our cause.

My take on this having just been swept a few days ago. A gun I knew for a fact to be empty.
THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SWEEPING ANYONE!!!!

"I've been shooting guns all my life..." and if you sweep me again i will consider it an armed threat and respond.

That's what Cooper would tell his students I was told,only no "again" BS for him

HUH? Gona' shoot him/her?

Please say you don't mean this.

HUH? Say your not asking this seriously!
If you tell someone,who is being careless with their weapon, to stop pointing a gun at you and they continue to be careless and keep pointing their gun at you,you wouldn't take this as they could care less about your life?
And act accordingly?

HUH? Say your not asking this seriously!
If you tell someone,who is being careless with their weapon, to stop pointing a gun at you and they continue to be careless and keep pointing their gun at you,you wouldn't take this as they could care less about your life?
And act accordingly?

So what is the implied response here? I'd be very upset, but if I could improve my safety without causing harm or risking prosecution, that would be my preferred response. I might just leave the area. Certainly I'd express my displeasure if it seemed prudent to do so, but I wouldn't begin measuring genitalia.

I probably overreacted but when I was a teen, me and a brother and a couple other guys went out shooting/varmint hunting. One guy, a dear friend that knew guns, kept doing terribly dangerous things that day.. sweeping everyone repeatedly with a loaded firearm. We all certainly had words with him but didn't disarm him. Well, I got fed up and didn't want to get shot or shoot him so I put a .270 Weatherby magnum round an inch from his ear (he was looking directly at me) at a range of about twelve feet. He shaped up after that. true story

"but I wouldn't begin measuring genitalia."
They may have fun inflating yours at the morgue if the DS keeps sweeping you with a loaded weapon.
It ain't about measuring anything when your dead
I don't know who you have at home but I would guess they'd be pretty pissed when they found out ...ehh just a loaded gun pointed at me.
Seems irresponsible not to do something so they guy doesn't kill anybody

"but I wouldn't begin measuring genitalia."
They may have fun inflating yours at the morgue if the DS keeps sweeping you with a loaded weapon.
It ain't about measuring anything when your dead
I don't know who you have at home but I would guess they'd be pretty pissed when they found out ...ehh just a loaded gun pointed at me.
Seems irresponsible not to do something so they guy doesn't kill anybody

I thought I made it clear that I wouldn't just stand there and get shot. It seems like some folks would use more force in this case than I would.

I would use force if necessary.....Keep sweeping me and I'm gonna make sure they know how it feels to have a loaded weapon pointed at their bubbleguming face. AND I'll make damn sure my finger is on the trigger while its pointed at their face!

I would use force if necessary.....Keep sweeping me and I'm gonna make sure they know how it feels to have a loaded weapon pointed at their bubbleguming face. AND I'll make damn sure my finger is on the trigger while its pointed at their face!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was talking about. Be careful what neighborhood you pull that in. Or don't.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was talking about. Be careful what neighborhood you pull that in. Or don't.
Talk about dick waving.. what are you trying to say?
That you will do as you please with your homies and "look out" if you stand up and knock your teeth out? come on.. you're dealing with the wrong folk here if that's the way you think

The dick-waving is the problem here, i'm not sure some people understand that what sounds great in their head, will always come off and go down badly in the real world where there is another participant who reacts differently to the way it does when you play it out in your mind. (remember the other person in your head is also you ;) )

Let's get this straight, I wouldn't shoot a soul for the fun of it but might pull his/her trachea out if deserved. what are you going on about?

Talk about dick waving.. what are you trying to say?
That you will do as you please with your homies and "look out" if you stand up and knock your teeth out? come on.. you're dealing with the wrong folk here if that's the way you think

I don't have any homies and as I made clear earlier, my pride and joy stays in my pants.

I'm saying, just so that everyone understands quite clearly, that assaulting someone or sticking a gun in their face because they're being unsafe can get you arrested. Prosecutors cannot always be counted on to agree with your assessment of the situation. One man's self defense is another man's assault with a deadly weapon.

This thread has gotten out of control. If I contributed to that I apologize to all involved.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top