JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I may be wrong in this...but I'm offended you didn't say anything. I've been muzzled 3 times to my knowledge and once it ended with my pistol aimed at the offender, so yeah I'd have said something to the guy.

I only get pissed after the round goes off. I have been swept a few times and each time I calmly say something along the lines of "I would appreciated it if you didn't sweep me with the muzzle." It usually ends up with profuse apologies from that person. When it doesn't and they get their panties in a knot, I usually let them know that I tend to return fire.

I've been muzzled 3 times to my knowledge and once it ended with my pistol aimed at the offender, so yeah I'd have said something to the guy.

That's what I was thinking... the details weren't clear but it sounded like he "pulled a pistol" from his person as opposed to a case. If I see someone pulling a pistol from their person anywhere, I'm starting my draw stroke. Knowing its not likely a threatening situation like this case, I'm still going to make it known that pulling a pistol and NOT IMMEDIATELY emptying it is deemed a threatening posture. Then to muzzle someone on top it? I'd expect a pistol drawn on me if those were my actions.

There are 4 safety rules. Breaking 1 of them at any given time is a mistake. Breaking any two of them is negligence with deadly conseqence.

Politely c0nfronting the man and insisting that he not muzzle you would have been entirely appropriate, and your status as a distributor for the store owner does not change that. From a purely business perspective, a negligent discharge resulting in injury or death on a store premises is not in the best interests of the store owner. You did the right thing by getting out of the way, and you also would have been in the right by approaching him from a safe angle and insisting that he not muzzle you or anyone else.

Yes, I would have told him politely to point the muzzle down or move away from people soon as I see it. But I totally agree how you felt about him.

I think you were way too "polite". The USMC School of Charm demands you lambast the individual for being such a moron as to carelessly point a firearm at you. This is done immediately after you extricate yourself from the down range position. The lambasting should be loud, to the point and lengthy.

I may be wrong in this...but I'm offended you didn't say anything.
Yeah, I understand that. I kicked myself in the pants for not saying anything. A few circumstances came into play- first time at this type of event, a few business owners and politicians standing in front of me, employment, yada yada, none are which are worth losing my life over. Live and learn

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top