JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Somewhere in Central Oregon. We saw elk on three occasions the day before opener and then nothing. After the snow we couldn't cut a track. Saturday we took a chance and drove about 60 miles and got into them early. We each took cows. I killed mine from 165 yards. I'd never shot that far but the rifle was spot on. I had it sighted in at a couple inches high at 100. I didn't see the animal react to the shot like they normally do on impact and when the herd moved out I lost sight of her. Seconds later I saw an animal that was running and I thought I saw a dark spot on her side. We looked and found some small specs of blood and found her a short distance away. I shoot a Remington 700 inline with a 365 gr plains bullet over 110gr of ffg. Sometimes there is very little blood as the bullet typically does not exit. Fortunately we had snow and found her a very short distance away. It was a long day but worth every minute. Here's some pictures. Two elk in a Toyota with a 5' bed!

FD0E2FD9-7951-4E6E-AD85-5F6B4C0EE2DD.jpeg

Somewhere in Central Oregon. We saw elk on three occasions the day before opener and then nothing. After the snow we couldn't cut a track. Saturday we took a chance and drove about 60 miles and got into them early. We each took cows. I killed mine from 165 yards. I'd never shot that far but the rifle was spot on. I had it sighted in at a couple inches high at 100. I didn't see the animal react to the shot like they normally do on impact and when the herd moved out I lost sight of her. Seconds later I saw an animal that was running and I thought I saw a dark spot on her side. We looked and found some small specs of blood and found her a short distance away. I shoot a Remington 700 inline with a 365 gr plains bullet over 110gr of ffg. Sometimes there is very little blood as the bullet typically does not exit. Fortunately we had snow and found her a very short distance away. It was a long day but worth every minute. Here's some pictures. Two elk in a Toyota with a 5' bed!

View attachment 777835

I don't know which I like more: the elk or the sign in the window.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top