JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ASSUME a thread-on, muzzle brake/flash suppressor device is entirely legal as long as it is solid and one piece correct?

Reason is I am going to machine one for my Ruger PCC. Mostly just as a hobby project and nothing actually necessary but I have been wanting to make one for it and I figured it would be a fun, simple project. I am thinking out of aluminum.

I'm curious why you'd think it wasn't legal? Even if it were multi piece?
Because I would have deduced something multi piece MIGHT be regarded as a suppressor - considering all the 'solvent trap' idiocies and other crap I have seen offered for sale.

This is something I typically do not follow and really do not understand the potential legal ramifications of such devices so I thought I would check.

There are quite a few 2 piece or multiple piece muzzle devices out there. Some are boarder line suppressors, but aren't.

For instance, this contraption.

I'd be surprised if you get any grief for a brake/flash suppressor. Throw baffles in there or, like you called out, what those idiots with "solvent traps" tried to do for a spell and THEN you're in for a possible bad time.

Good luck on the project - hope you share pics when you're done.

There are quite a few 2 piece or multiple piece muzzle devices out there. Some are boarder line suppressors, but aren't.

For instance, this contraption.

The intent isn't to take part in illegal behavior. It's a shame people just can't be free in the pursuit of happiness. Instead, most of the time it's just not worth the trouble.

Good luck to the OP because they could come up with a fresh idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top