JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To start out with perhaps just a good owners manual or aftermarket instruction book, plus a good cleaning kit. Also consider that as time goes on one will accumulate various goodies and necessities.

How far you want to indulge yourself in tools, fixtures, gages and gadgets depends upon you. WARNING WARNING WARNING: ... once you start on that path there is no known cure at all. Yikes! :)

Non-cheapo screwdrivers....the good ones are called hollow-ground gunsmith screwdrivers.
You can tell a lot about a man by the type of screwdriver he uses on his guns.
I've had this set since forever and it's been great.
https://www.amazon.com/Forster-8-Piece-Gunsmith-Screwdriver-Set/dp/B003F6FKBA
The sets you will see are mostly are the removable tip variety and they're OK, BUT there are times when you need a slim shank and that's where the old school Bonanza set shines !
The removable tip variety sometimes is too thick and can't reach or get past an obstacle like a conventional.

Long ago my wife gave this set for a birthday gift.
89 Piece Professional Gunsmithing Screwdriver Set - Battenfeld Technologies
It's contains specific bits that aren't typical screwdriver bits. Great set. I also have high quality "regular" screwdrivers, but they aren't hollow ground like most gun screws are made for.

My only thought on that gun vise is with all of the moving parts, is it stable once set up and how much of it's stability is dependent on the surface it's mounted on? (ie, does it flop around when lifted off of the bench) If it's a solid piece, it looks to provide a ton of options/adjustments my Tipton does not.

If any of you guys buy that vise, please pop back up and talk about it.

Long ago my wife gave this set for a birthday gift.
89 Piece Professional Gunsmithing Screwdriver Set - Battenfeld Technologies
It's contains specific bits that aren't typical screwdriver bits. Great set. I also have high quality "regular" screwdrivers, but they aren't hollow ground like most gun screws are made for.

My only thought on that gun vise is with all of the moving parts, is it stable once set up and how much of it's stability is dependent on the surface it's mounted on? (ie, does it flop around when lifted off of the bench) If it's a solid piece, it looks to provide a ton of options/adjustments my Tipton does not.

If any of you guys buy that vise, please pop back up and talk about it.
I found this link helpful:
The Best Gun Vise For Scope Mounting - Gun Goals

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews