JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was watching a movie (The new red dawn) with my woman the other day and I told her hypothetically what I would do if i was the invading folks to weaken our domestic fighting force.

It wouldn't be by brute force, it would be by poisoning the air flying over a city with chemical weapons and either doing an areal explosion or dusting at low altitudes and tainting the water supply and that would weaken the vast populous.

Water treatment plants don't seem as guarded as I thought they'd be.. it figures the terrorists would figure out our vulnerabilities sooner or later.

Scary stuff.

Notice how the media doesn't remotely mention any of that.
What do they think he was doing, going for a morning swim in a pipe :-/

Notice how the media doesn't remotely mention any of that.
What do they think he was doing, going for a morning swim in a pipe :-/

Instead, for once, in a rare instance, they simply reported the facts - instead of adding a bunch of supposition and/or spin. Which is what they should do.

But as you say, it is interesting that they do that in this particular instance. That may be how this particular news org still knows how to report the news.

Instead, for once, in a rare instance, they simply reported the facts - instead of adding a bunch of supposition and/or spin. Which is what they should do.

But as you say, it is interesting that they do that in this particular instance. That may be how this particular news org still knows how to report the news.

Can you think of even one reason why a muslim would be in a water supply pipe for a municipal water supply other than for a terrorism act? Even one ?

Can you think of even one reason why a muslim would be in a water supply pipe for a municipal water supply other than for a terrorism act? Even one ?

News is supposed to report facts, not supposition. They rarely do that. Especially when they want to put a spin on the facts. The very fact that this time they did not report anything but the facts is a possible indicator that the lack of spin is a spin in and of itself.

As for why the person was there, I do not know. I try to not make assumptions when I don't have all of the facts. What I think is irrelevant - I am not the person who will be prosecuting or defending this person in court, I won't be on the jury.

You seem to be assuming that this person is Islamic based on his name. I don't know that he is Islamic, all I know is his name. Not everyone with that last name is Islamic. Not everyone with the last name of Levi is Jewish.

I believe this is one of the problems with human nature; we don't wait for facts, or listen to them when we have them, we tend to arrive at conclusions based on our personal biases and assumptions.

News is supposed to report facts, not supposition. They rarely do that. Especially when they want to put a spin on the facts. The very fact that this time they did not report anything but the facts is a possible indicator that the lack of spin is a spin in and of itself.

As for why the person was there, I do not know. I try to not make assumptions when I don't have all of the facts. What I think is irrelevant - I am not the person who will be prosecuting or defending this person in court, I won't be on the jury.

You seem to be assuming that this person is Islamic based on his name. I don't know that he is Islamic, all I know is his name. Not everyone with that last name is Islamic. Not everyone with the last name of Levi is Jewish.

I believe this is one of the problems with human nature; we don't wait for facts, or listen to them when we have them, we tend to arrive at conclusions based on our personal biases and assumptions.

No actually I based the Muslim part on the headline. Muslim found in water pipe :s0114::s0114:

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=...slim+caught+in+pipe+at+water+treatment+plant+

Please read the articles before you do what you accuse others of doing. :s0123: :biglaugh:

No actually I based the Muslim part on the headline. Muslim found in water pipe :s0114::s0114:

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=...slim+caught+in+pipe+at+water+treatment+plant+

Please read the articles before you do what you accuse others of doing. :s0123: :biglaugh:

There was one link in this thread when I said it "seemed" you made that assumption, in the original post, your post, and the headline was:

"N.J. man rescued after 4 hours stuck in empty water pipe"

No mention of him being Islamic.

I cannot read your mind or know that you went on to read any other accounts of the event. You never mentioned that fact nor did you provide links to the other articles until just now.

There was one link in this thread when I said it "seemed" you made that assumption, in the original post, your post, and the headline was:

"N.J. man rescued after 4 hours stuck in empty water pipe"

No mention of him being Islamic.

I cannot read your mind or know that you went on to read any other accounts of the event. You never mentioned that fact nor did you provide links to the other articles until just now.

The original headline before they changed it stated Muslim Found in Municipal water pipe. It was altered after I posted the link here.

It went from this:

Muslim caught in pipe at water treatment plant

and was then removed.

Then this became the header:
NJ authorities unsure why Asef Mohammad climbed in water pipe - UPI.com

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR