JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
RBid,
Seems you are presenting yourself as enlightened and superior.
Your opinions are not congruent with reality.
Jehad is happening here and now. Illuminati can deny, sugar-coat it.
When Islam attains it's "tipping point", caliphate is declared, sharia is instituted, jizyah levied on Dhimmi. Can't pay jizyah, your children are sold into slavery.

Not only did I NOT "put down Christianity", I specifically referenced Christians to point out that the group as a whole should not be judged by the terrible few.

Thank you, for determining for me, how to read your output. I stand by what I wrote.

Rick Benjamin,

Put the pipe down. Whatever it is that you're smoking that causes you to read "I specifically stated that I do not [worship Allah]" and turn it into "I worship Allah" is some very bad stuff.

Bad Form there... What if Rick has a different Point Of View than yours, that means he smokes The Pipe?

I am not, have never been, and SNIPPED... What I advocate is taking the time to understand the enemy so that we may better fight them.
SNIPPED... while also turning their "neighbors" (non-fanatic Muslims) against them. THAT is why I point out the more than 1 billion Muslims who are not fighting against us. [/QUOTE]

I do hope for you, that you will educate yourself, that Under the Theocracy called islam, all who do not worship, the way ~one does~ is eligible for being killed, by the decision maker/Knife Bearer. There really is no other way to it. And there is No Right Side to that Theocracy.

Otherwise, Shiites would Stop Killing Sunni's Whabbi's would stop killing Shiites & Sunni's, Etc. All others, ~or the Greatest Percentage~ of muslims, are considered Apostate... So to avoid being Killed, they do Not Speak Out. Period. End that Sentence.

As far as Indonesia goes, there are more than 30 million non-Muslims there, despite the fact that 87% of the country identifies as Muslim. If they were all militant psychos, the other 13% would all be dead.

Are you aware of the Martyrdom of Christians in that fine country??? Let alone the Raping of teen aged girls, of the Christian faith???? I might add, after raping the high school aged girls, they are most usually Mutilated, so any physical beauty they had, is gone... If they are allowed to live, that is. Gruesome is the muslim, who Believes it is his Right, permitted by his god, to rape girls...

philip

"You've heard the saying, "winning over hearts and minds", right? It works far better than indiscriminate shelling. Man's greatest leaders have known this for centuries."
Really? and exactly where has "hearts and minds" ever worked before an unconditional surrender?? Iraq?, Afghanistan? Imperial Japan? Nazi Germany?
Wasn't that old saw especially popular during the Vietnam War?
Going door to door conducting searches and asking, " any bad guys here?" is not winning over hearts or minds. "Harbor bad guys and let them set up rocket launchers and command posts in your homes, schools, mosques and shops might get you killed" works (if you want to actually win).
Nobody is suggesting indiscriminate shelling or randomly blowing up marketplaces (except the Muslim extremists). They need to know that allowing rocket launchers into the market or apartment rooftops will cause a "severe disruption of normal activities".
The sooner we understand we're fighting a war and not running a police action to clear drug dealers from around an elementary school the better.

If you want to win hearts and minds you'll need to kill every one of the Islam stealing Jihadists terrorizing the towns and villages. Abdul needs to feel safe going to work again and doesn't fear getting his head cut off for being the wrong sect or his daughter being raped because she went to school.

"Winning over hearts and minds" isn't a failed strategy or course of action when you fail to win over every single person. The goal is simply to win as many over as possible, because those people are possible assets, and at the least are not fighting against you. Consider how much WORSE things would be if we hadn't made so many inroads with indigenous people in Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc.

It is also important to note that the successes of the strategy are often unnoticed by the general public. We don't hear about every Afghan national who gives up the locations of insurgents. We don't hear about battles that are never fought, casualties that never occur, or men who never join the ranks of groups like ISIS and rise through the ranks, because they were turned by us before they could.

This strategy is why we currently have 5 predominantly Muslim nations aiding us in fighting ISIS in Syria.

Not only did I NOT "put down Christianity", I specifically referenced Christians to point out that the group as a whole should not be judged by the terrible few.

Rick Benjamin,

Put the pipe down. Whatever it is that you're smoking that causes you to read "I specifically stated that I do not [worship Allah]" and turn it into "I worship Allah" is some very bad stuff. I am not, have never been, and will never be, a follower of Islam or a Jihadist.

What I advocate is taking the time to understand the enemy so that we may better fight them. In the gun control debate, I seek to win over the opposition, and have done so many times over. Similarly, I believe that the best approach to combat groups like ISIS is to identify their recruitment pool and to dry it up, while also turning their "neighbors" (non-fanatic Muslims) against them. THAT is why I point out the more than 1 billion Muslims who are not fighting against us.

As far as Indonesia goes, there are more than 30 million non-Muslims there, despite the fact that 87% of the country identifies as Muslim. If they were all militant psychos, the other 13% would all be dead.

They may not all be murderers, but they all support murderers !

Thank you, for determining for me, how to read your output. I stand by what I wrote.

Bad Form there... What if Rick has a different Point Of View than yours, that means he smokes The Pipe?

I am not, have never been, and SNIPPED... What I advocate is taking the time to understand the enemy so that we may better fight them.
SNIPPED... while also turning their "neighbors" (non-fanatic Muslims) against them. THAT is why I point out the more than 1 billion Muslims who are not fighting against us.

I do hope for you, that you will educate yourself, that Under the Theocracy called islam, all who do not worship, the way ~one does~ is eligible for being killed, by the decision maker/Knife Bearer. There really is no other way to it. And there is No Right Side to that Theocracy.

Otherwise, Shiites would Stop Killing Sunni's Whabbi's would stop killing Shiites & Sunni's, Etc. All others, ~or the Greatest Percentage~ of muslims, are considered Apostate... So to avoid being Killed, they do Not Speak Out. Period. End that Sentence.

Are you aware of the Martyrdom of Christians in that fine country??? Let alone the Raping of teen aged girls, of the Christian faith???? I might add, after raping the high school aged girls, they are most usually Mutilated, so any physical beauty they had, is gone... If they are allowed to live, that is. Gruesome is the muslim, who Believes it is his Right, permitted by his god, to rape girls...

philip[/QUOTE]

philip,

You may "stand by what you said" all you want. The fact is that I actually implied good things about Christianity as a whole by pointing out that the group is not wisely judged based on a few idiots.

When you try to call me out for what I said to Rick Benjamin, you refer to it as him "having a different point of view". That is not what happened, at all. When I say "I am not a Muslim", that is not a matter of opinion. It is a statement of fact. When I said he must be smoking something, it was because he misinterpreted a statement of fact to read as the exact opposite, which is mind-blowing.

As far as Indonesia and many other Muslim nations having a lot of conflict...

Yes. They do.

However, it should be immediately evident what would happen if the majority of Muslims were, in fact, of the same mind as ISIS. Indonesians carry cards declaring a few things about themselves, including religious affiliation. There are 6 religions recognized nationally, but Islam is the overwhelming majority, including more than 200 million of their 250-260 million residents. If violence against the minority were the norm (as opposed to the exception), these people would be DEAD. There would be no minority left.

I want to some things clearly again, lest they be willfully or magically misinterpreted:

1. I'm not a Muslim.

2. I don't deny that we have a very real enemy in ISIS. Point of fact: I consider them the most dangerous threat that Americans on US soil have ever faced.

Edited to add: I'll be jumping in the car for a bit to head to my lady's place. Not sure how much time I'll have to participate in the conversation for awhile. I wish you all the best.

What Taku said....

Not speaking against, is accepting it. And most folks do mot have a clear idea how bad it is, in Indonesia... Stating facts figures is not the same as knowledge Of what takes place. I will grab a website and show the pain... In Indonesia.

But first, I am offline for a while, myself.

philip

RBid is entitled to his opinion.
Rick Benjamin has his own view.
Rick is no longer employed by a mega-co and no longer submits under the tyranny of political correctness.
Rick Benjamin served 6 years under arms for the USA, still follows his oath of service.
"I will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic."
So that RBid and his ilk may believe as they choose. So long as their belief doesn't encroach on others.

11. Religious discussion and material is prohibited.
Everyone has their own beliefs, whether they be extremely devout or believe in nothing at all. This community welcomes everyone, no matter their beliefs. Since this topic has very little to do with firearms and a great potential to offend others, it's best that we leave it alone.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top