JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great early Fleetwood Mac tune, back in the Bob Welch days. I never saw them live in the Bob Welch times, but I saw them on a triple bill with Heart and Stevie Ray Vaughn out at Portland International Raceway. Complete memories are a bit hazy of course due to alcohol and substance intake well before noon that day, but I do remember being about 10 feet from the stage when Fleetwood Mac played and that was pretty good. Bob Welch had left Mac and was playing with Heart at the time, his guitar screwed up, he tried to hit a chord, tried again, it did not go, so he peeled the rig off and smashed into 100 pieces and kicked them out in to the audience.

I am not a big fan of "new country" but when a person or group can honor the traditions of the original artist and add their own spin to it, it can turn out pretty good. Lady Antebellum and Stevie Nicks did some great work on a CMA show a few years back. We drove past her house in Scottsdale this spring, pretty nice place on a hillside.

If you are a Fleetwood Mac / Stevie Nicks fan this series is a good listen. Gold Dust Woman, one of the many Mac songs that tells the story of decadence, drug use and the emotional trials that came with that group.

they were never better, musically, than on Station Man, I believe it was on Kiln House. 3 guitars artfully intertwined. the flavor of their sound changed dramatically when they were forced to add Nicks(they only wanted Buckingham. marital battles ensued. amazing they kept it together as long as they did.

I am speaking to the possible funky friends on the big computer. The ones from Europe and South America are, naturally, not close, but it can be intellectually stimulating. Talking to one who's English is as at least as bad as my German, if not worse so. I'm reminded of Jonathan Harker's statement in Dracula (1897), "I found my smattering of German very useful here, indeed, I don't know how I should be able to get on without it." (giggle) As to the tune now playing:

I am speaking to the possible funky friends on the big computer. The ones from Europe and South America are, naturally, not close, but it can be intellectually stimulating. Talking to one who's English is as at least as bad as my German, if not worse so. I'm reminded of Jonathan Harker's statement in Dracula (1897), "I found my smattering of German very useful here, indeed, I don't know how I should be able to get on without it." (giggle) As to the tune now playing:

Ya think thats funny, try being a deaf guy translating Rammstein and Kraftwerk into ASL :rolleyes:

Edit. Actually, translating German into ASL isn't that bad, as ASL grammar is closer to German grammar than to English.

Edit. Actually, translating German into ASL isn't that bad, as ASL grammar is closer to German grammar than to English.

Just saw the edit; of this I understand. German appears to be more structured than, say, English or Spanish. There are nuances of course, but not all the bizarre-o exceptions like us Anglophonic types are aware of. :s0114:

I listen to a lot of hard rock with some metal, and punk, and celtic folk death metal. Yes, real thing. I tend to like my music like my guns. Offbeat and a little weird.

Working such crazy hours these days. Trying to chill and have some Sahalé playlist on.

I see your beats and raise you:

and

I'd also recommend the music service called Tidal and their Military HiFi plan. YouTube doesn't do them justice...get yo'self High Def audio files and a good set o' cans!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top