JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here in the off topic section I think it will be fun to post a thread about music the forum members here like.
I really love heavy metal, punk and really all kinds of stuff! please post the music you like!

heres is a couple of songs I real like!

;)

On the opposite side! I had to stop watching a travel/food show last night because I couldn't stand the New Orleans/Dixie Land jazz! Gawd, I hate that stuff!:mad:

Not really into Dixieland jazz either.
Give me John Lee Hooker or BB King , now you are talking!

For Rock my favorites are Led Zeppelin , older AC DC w/ Bon Scott and Black Sabbath.
Although its tough to beat Bob Seger , CCR , Janis Joplin , Jimi Hendrix , Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Clapton.
If I want to bang my head then Saxon and Iron Maiden fit the bill.

Country for me needs to from the 70's and earlier Jerry Reed , David Allen Cole , The Highwaymen etc...

And for all around fun music I really dig The Brian Setzer Orchestra.
Andy

Last Edited:
For those rockers out that like to learn about guitars and how to play 'em
I would suggest watching Phil X on Fretted Americana
He is an excellent guitarist with a sense of humor , doesn't rely on effects or gimmicks to get a sound and is not afraid about messing up on his show and talking about what he did wrong.

Also worth checking out is Thomas Zwijisen. He is doing some great acoustic guitar work.
Andy

I've turned into my father. I need talk radio. I don't ever remember my dad listening to music. He would rant about "Noise" from any music he would hear. Guessing he would have been okay with stuff from the early '50s and before. Dance stuff, mom and dad danced. Dad was in the Navy '45-'47.

I only listen to music when I load, and that would be golden oldies or real classic country, early '70s to way back. In the day I really dug CCR. Who ever was rocking the charts from mid '60s to, say '80-'85 is okay by me for the most part. Nobody plays the stuff anymore, well, unless you want to pay for it. "Today's music ain't got the same soul".

My taste ranges from:
Tool, Pantera, Godsmack
To
The temptations, The Four Tops, Billy Stewart, Bill Withers & Marvin Gaye

It depends on my mood and what Im doing.

I like just about everything music-wise with the exception of todays neo-pop-country-music.. Which is just awful.
...How can men singing about hard farming work and country living wear skinny jeans and have their hands callus free in real life? Thats not country. It should require more than a pseudo-southern accent :confused:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top