JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, that was a little hard on the ears and psyche!

But, boy! Those ladies are a lot better looking than Jimmy Paige, Robert Plant and the boys! All in all that made it easy listening! LOL!!! :D

I think they did a half decent cover-job. If you're suffering from the same general ailments of "livin' hard" & aging as me, good ol' tinnitus doesn't help. ;)

I've been burning a CD for my DIL, for Christmas. She's only thirty and has missed out on a lot of great old music!
Previously, on this thread (great thread), I added a long list of my favorites. It didn't even scratch the surface and now I'm trying to select old, non-rock, tunes! Once again there are just SO many! I've got Mo Town and the Philly sounds, bands like the Righteous Brothers, the folk/protest bunch, even some vocal heavy blues like Etta James! Including some Joni Mitchel, who sings better than her? Nobody! Certainly not the new breed, great as they are! Big job here! :)

I think they did a half decent cover-job. If you're suffering from the same general ailments of "livin' hard" & aging as me, good ol' tinnitus doesn't help. ;)

Yes, I think it was better than half decent! I was being overly critical, but when your covering the big boys and girls folks are going to be over critical! Yeah, being in the artillery did a job on my old ears! :)

Gram Parsons was taken too young and was the posterboy for wasted talent. I also think that his version of this song was better than the Stones. I also think that he had more than a hand in writing it than either Jagger or Richards admit (he was partying with Keith Richards and the Stones around the time this was written).

Apparently some musicians (with whom I am not familiar) were irked with Steve Miller's comments about the dog & pony show atmosphere surrounding his induction to the RR Hall of Fame earlier this year. Maybe critics would've had time to get over it by now had he been inducted decades ago - ahead of all the auto-tuner alumni who wouldn't know classic rock if it bit 'em on the butt!

Playing guitar in various performing garage rock/blues bands myself since the early 70's, I had several dozen (other) favorites that I wanted to play like when I grew up. But I've got to say Steve absolutely kills on the May 2016 Austin City Limits I'm watching on DVR tonight.

I don't think I see any original members, but the band is exceptionally tight. And Steve hasn't lost a lick. His guitar playing is better than ever and he's still hitting those high, clear signature vocal riffs that most performers his age either hand off to hired guns or drop an octave.

I liked something he said in an interview more than a few years ago, before iTunes. He likes buying music for his friends...his music. Now that he's (by his own account) old, gray and fat, he can grab up the entire collection of Steve Miller CDs in a store, take them to the cashier, pay for them with his Steve Miller credit card - and walk out anonymously.

Cool.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top