JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Our daughter found a group of mushrooms in her backyard and asked if they are poisonous. She sent pics and we looked through our three mushroom books, but could not find the exact type as the n these books.

They look like some type of Bolete, except for the white stalk. Can someone let me know what you think these are?

IMG_20230425_114934.jpg IMG_20230425_114925.jpg IMG_20230425_114943.jpg

Looks like a stropharia. They are edible if it is a stropharia. They don't taste all that good. There are some in the stropharium group that can be hallucinating!

Mushrooms amaze me. I'd love to use a Time Machine to see how the hell they figured out which ones were edible and which ones were not.

"Hey Charlie, eat this."

Writing notes in journal, "Charlie died eating yellow top with white stem mushroom."

Mushrooms amaze me. I'd love to use a Time Machine to see how the hell they figured out which ones were edible and which ones were not.

"Hey Charlie, eat this."

Writing notes in journal, "Charlie died eating yellow top with white stem mushroom."
There's some plant that is poisonous. But if you cook it not once, not twice, but three times, it becomes edible.

Looks like a stropharia. They are edible if it is a stropharia. They don't taste all that good.
Agreed. Stropharia ambigua and edible, but yeah... not exactly all that flavorful or especially tasty. I don't harvest them, but I know people that do.

I've they've never tried them before... I say "why not"! Spiced breaded and deep fried(?) I highly doubt they will go back for seconds, though. ;)

Agreed. Stropharia ambigua and edible, but yeah... not exactly all that flavorful or especially tasty. I don't harvest them, but I know people that do.

I've they've never tried them before... I say "why not"! Spiced breaded and deep fried(?) I highly doubt they will go back for seconds, though. ;)

Maybe they'd taste better with LOTS of hot sauce?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top