Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mushroom and Orzo Risotto with Baked Chicken.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trlsmn, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Mushroom and Orzo Risotto with Baked Chicken. Falling off the bone tender!

DSCN0551.jpg

DSCN0552.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

2. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

I have got to stop looking at your posts! Seems i get hungry everytime I do! good job trlsmn

3. TAT2D

TAT2D Portland Member

Looks tasty, but strictly speaking orzo and risotto are different things, right?

Wife is gluten intolerant, so I don't get as much orzo as I used to. Couscous is also terrific and cooks almost instantly but is also a wheat product so I don't see much of that either, anymore. Risotto is rice, usually arborio rice, stirred while cooking to make it creamy.

Anyone tried quinoa (pronounced KEEN-Wah, among others?). Another hit on the GF table.

MrB

4. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yumm

5. TAT2D

TAT2D Portland Member

aka Bean Mash

Here's my entry for this lovely evening, enjoyed on the back deck of Casa MrB, Maybe not as pretty as Trlsmn's roasted chicken, but tasty none the less.

Simple Ital country fare... mashed beans.

Cook down veggies w/ oil: zucchini (this time of year) green peppers, onion, garlic and a load of basil (all from our garden) plus pancetta. Add two cans of cannelloni beans. When they're warmed, give it a couple mashes with a potato smasher; leave some beans mashed others whole. Grate Parmesan cheese as desired.

Served with salad: lettuce, rocket, cuke and green beans from our garden plus Feta cheese and avocado w/ mustard vinaigrette.

IMG_0995-r.jpg

6. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

When my wife started making Risotto she showed me this Herb or some kind of seasoning that she bought for making it. It came in a jar like many seasonings do but the item itself was in this little tiny packet inside. It looked like the little golden hairs you get on the tip of a corn ear. She's paying like $ 15.00 for a little tiny, itty bitty packet. I told her it must be 24K real gold!!

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Saffron ;)

8. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just let me know if you're cooking for next years NWFA barbeque and I'll be in ! :p