JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't mean to come across critical of your "LOL" in any way (just in case it sounded that way). Just conveying my heartbreak over it too. Such a disappointing direction of things in this country right now, and knowing that folks are all too eager to give government nearly carte blanche to pull these stunts, I'm really quite shocked and definitely dismayed.
No, no. I knew what you were saying.. just thought I'd elaborate on my lols.. it's either that or, you know.

As much it pains me to say it...this is by far the most effective campaign they've come up with. What's the best way to slow or stop guns sales? Make the ammo hard to find or super expensive.
It's completely asinine and their logic is out of this world.
All the gun shops in Seattle need to sue the city for millions upon millions of dollars. When the city has to pay up and all the funds disappear for other projects...hopefully the idiots who voted for this will be in some hot water, not get reelected or get pushed out of office.

The main people it will hit are the folks who shoot 22LR.
22LR is already hard to find and generally pretty pricey at $0.08/round ...let's say you pay $38 for 500 rounds. With this new bill that box of ammo will end up costing $63. (that includes the 9.5% sales tax as well). That's an increase of 65%.

Wouldn't really effect the larger calibers as much.
308Win - 5% increase
223/5.56 - 11% increase
.45 acp - 11% increase
9mm - 17% increase
*i calculated everything based on avg cost per round at market price

EDIT: there were some typo's

Last Edited:
As much it pains me to say it...this is by far the most effective campaign they've come up with. What's the best way to slow or stop guns sales? Make the ammo hard to find or super expensive.
It's completely asinine and they're logic is out of this world.
All the gun shops in Seattle need to sue the city for millions upon millions of dollars. When the city has to pay up and all the funds disappear for other projects...hopefully the idiots who voted for this will be in some hot water, not get reelected or get pushed out of office.

The main people it will hit are the folks who shoot 22LR.
22LR is already hard to find and generally pretty pricey at $0.8/round ...let's say you pay $38 for 500 rounds. With this new bill that box of ammo will end up costing $63. (that includes the 9.5% sales tax as well). That's an increase of 65%.

Wouldn't really effect the larger calibers as much.
308Win - 5% increase
223/5.56 - 11% increase
.45 acp - 11% increase
9mm - 17% increase
*i calculated everything based on avg cost per round at market price
You hit it well and indeed.. hasn't actual prohibition shown the folly of such thinking?

I don't know law at all, so my question is, can these city council people be sued personally for passing a law like this so that they have to pay out of their own pockets instead of passing the cost on to the tax payers.

Last Edited:
Assuming that some in Oregon will take a cue from Seattle's lead, I was wondering, would this tax apply if you live in the city but buy online? I know you can leave the city to avoid it, but was just curious if an online sale would be affected? Anyone know?

Assuming that some in Oregon will take a cue from Seattle's lead, I was wondering, would this tax apply if you live in the city but buy online? I know you can leave the city to avoid it, but was just curious if an online sale would be affected? Anyone know?
Exactly.. or private sales.

I've seen some news reports claiming that legal challenges would be made. But I've yet to see anything from any gun rights groups saying that they were definitely going to go ahead and do so.

Grandmothers Against Gun Violence was a key lobbying group that pressured the Seattle city council to pass the ordinance. They marched to city hall and demanded that the council put an end to gun violence.

So the answer is to tax law abiding gun owners? Where is the logic in doing that?

The world appears to have gone insane.

View attachment 253362

Who could say no to them sweet looking GM's.
Everytown witches with loose skin!!!!! The Devils messengers!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I was going to march on the Seattle mayors office.... but then I got high
I was going to call my representative and bubblegum them out... but then I got high
I was going to donate to the NRA... but then I got high (and forgot to answer the phone as they were already calling me to ask for $$$)

Funny too. Soon as Oregon was able to get high, they passed the universal BGC.

Trend? How about Colorado?

I think they are getting 'the people' high, then taking away their rights. We're easier to manage when high as we don't know we're becoming slaves.

I think those of us that don't live in Seattle should start a movement to force Seattle to secede from the state. We could kick them out and make them all orphans. Now that's the kind of message we really need to send!

If we could convince them it was the "progressive" approach they'd gladly vote for it themselves so they could micro-manage all their subjects in their own, newly created little world.

The sad and stupid part about this entire charade is that it takes real people's money to sue them to reverse this idiocy. They are again trying the death-by-a-thousand-cuts approach to bankrupting the opposition. After all, they can always raise taxes to fund their stupidity but we have to hold a bake sale to fight it.

I was going to march on the Seattle mayors office.... but then I got high
I was going to call my representative and bubblegum them out... but then I got high
I was going to donate to the NRA... but then I got high (and forgot to answer the phone as they were already calling me to ask for $$$)

Funny too. Soon as Oregon was able to get high, they passed the universal BGC.

Trend? How about Colorado?

I think they are getting 'the people' high, then taking away their rights. We're easier to manage when high as we don't know we're becoming slaves.

The people smoking weed were still smoking illegally when the "emergency clause" was used to deny people a chance to vote on SB 941. I doubt it made a difference, as the bill went into effect August 9th (90 days after it was signed), and Oregon's recreational use of MJ started July 1st.

Quote by slimer13
"Where are all the guys saying the NRA doesnt involve itself at the state level? Apparently the city level is gtg though."

That was bullstien .......the NRA does a lot at state level....just be careful of what you listen to....there are some arrogant know it all's that cant ever admit they are are wrong here, like everywhere else on the web

This tax was nullified by state preemption before the ink dried. The NRA can come in and be involved with going through the motions thus making them look the heroes.

I still feel abandoned on 594. 9 points was not unsurmountable with a few crumbs thrown our way in the form of some educational commercials.

This tax was nullified by state preemption before the ink dried. The NRA can come in and be involved with going through the motions thus making them look the heroes.

I still feel abandoned on 594. 9 points was not unsurmountable with a few crumbs thrown our way in the form of some educational commercials.
for 594 you had to convince voters, for this one you have to convince judges ... The latter is easier and cheaper.

NRA is a full partner in the lawsuit, along with SAF and NSSF. There will be plenty of credit to share.

And who do you think is going to enforce the state preemption? The state? I don't think so. As Dave has already noted, this is a joint effort with the NRA, SAF and NSSF. Will you also claim that SAF and NSSF are trying to look like heroes? Because you're only singling out the NRA in your comment. Honestly, do you really think the state will shut this tax down unless someone forces them to do it? They could care less, regardless of what the state constitution says.

Like you, I would like to have seen more from the NRA here in Oregon on SB941, but they have to pick and choose what fights are worth the effort. I don't feel betrayed, maybe disappointed. I'd much rather have the NRA for the many good things they do, particularly at the national level, than not have them. I really don't understand the bellyaching people make about them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top